• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Shudder on WOT 1-2 shift

Started by Colorado-SHOBro, September 13, 2016, 09:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 21, 2017, 08:35:24 PM

Other tuners like BCB and Unleashed remove all the torque control from the transmission and instead, manually manage the spark and other variables to achieve the same thing. Different approach to achieve similar results.

If you dont see torque source 7 you are not getting shift modulation and torque reductions....i do not believe there is a way to manually manage spark during shifts for torque reductions......if you are seeing a spark reduction during a shift its likely because load increased from the boost spike and spark follows load. That would not be shifting torque reduction

No torque source 7 no shifting torque reduction
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 21, 2017, 10:09:05 PM

Other tuners like BCB and Unleashed remove all the torque control from the transmission and instead, manually manage the spark and other variables to achieve the same thing. Different approach to achieve similar results.

If you dont see torque source 7 you are not getting shift modulation and torque reductions....i do not believe there is a way to manually manage spark during shifts for torque reductions......if you are seeing a spark reduction during a shift its likely because load increased from the boost spike and spark follows load. That would not be shifting torque reduction

Interesting... that one tune you sent me the load increased and the spark did not drop due to load while were testing some stuff out.

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 21, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

Interesting... that one tune you sent me the load increased and the spark did not drop due to load while were testing some stuff out.

A few of those tunes were really goofy and highly experimental...There were effects on the shifting and torque management that were really odd...I'm thinking the tunes and logs should be expunged from memory.....But at any rate I'm just saying I haven't seen any functions that would enable a type of spark reduction for shifts if NOT using the torque source 7
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 21, 2017, 11:53:11 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on July 21, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

A few of those tunes were really goofy and highly experimental...There were effects on the shifting and torque management that were really odd...I'm thinking the tunes and logs should be expunged from memory.....But at any rate I'm just saying I haven't seen any functions that would enable a type of spark reduction for shifts if NOT using the torque source 7

goofy to say the least... after those I am not really interested in any more experimental tunes... can't afford a new motor right now..  you could always look at the unleashed tune you purchased from Torrie. Because he doesn't use torque management on his shifts either.. might give an idea on how he is managing it...