• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2017 F-150 Thoughts...

Started by r1crusher, September 11, 2016, 12:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Have been reading all the news about the 2017 F-150's lately since my wife and I were considering upgrading our '13 F-150 or just going all out for an F-250 w/ 6.7.

So...big new stuff is: new turbos, 10 speed trans, and dual DI and port injection.  The fueling changes are what's interesting me.  Power is up slightly while torque gets a good bump.  Why the dual fuel sources now?  It doesn't appear to be be for power, could it be for the issues with carbon build up on intake tract/valves?  And I wonder how this extra fuel source will effect tuning capabilities and gains.

Thoughts?
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

EcoPowerParts

With a tune you'll be able to run E85, figure 50+ WHP on a tune with E85.
I'm also looking at the '17 vs F250/F350, I will need to tow my V this year to events and the F150 can do it but vs the diesel it's no contest and the diesel gets better gas mileage. :P
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

r1crusher

You're reasoning is the same as ours.  We have a 24' toy hauler that we use for my motorcycle racing ventures and whenever we just wanna take off some place.  We have the option of letting her company buy a truck for the business but also use it as we need. Win-win... :)

I'm still curious why the new fuel delivery configuration though.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

sholxgt

Diesels are addictive.  The more you mod them, the better fuel mileage they get.

My 6.0 SuperDuty got around 20 mpg with my romping the snot out of it and 12ish towing an enclosed trailer.  Also ran a 13.9.  Most importantly, it was a joke compared to the new 6.7.  They are just plain crazy!

Never owned an EB truck, but I have the EB MKS, had a diesel SuperDuty, and had a 5.4 150 SuperCrew.  If I could afford it, I'd trade in every ride I have for a new 6.7 SuperDuty.

Back to the dual fuel system on the new '17's, I think it's an attempt to improve the dirtiness of the DI set up.  I suspect they will run smaller DI injectors for cleaner burning at idle and low throttle and then use the port injection for additional fueling when needed.

Sounds good, but that also means two entire fuel systems with potential for failure.  I'm guessing they won't be a very desirable used high mileage purchase down the road.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106