• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brain storming on AWD/Line Loc controller

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 21, 2013, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

OK so if we're going to go through the process of creating an AWD adjustment system I'd like to build in a line loc functionality as well. Here's my thoughts on the items I'd like to see if we can get this built. These functions cater towards the drag racer.

1. "Burnout" button this does the following things:
a. Engages the parking brake switch (not the lever) this forces the car into FWD
b. Engages the rear brakes only (reverse line loc) so that when you hold the brake pedal front tires are free to spin, rears hold
c. Front and rear ABS sensors also feed into the controller box - the rear ABS sensors would be disconnected and the front sensors would be replicated to the ECU for all 4 wheels. This allows the car to spin the fronts without the nanny kicking in.

2. "Launch" button that does the following things:
a. Puts the car into a 50/50 split scenario from a dead stop
b. Front and rear ABS sensors also feed into the controller box - the rear ABS sensors would be disconnected and the front sensors would be replicated to the ECU for all 4 wheels. This allows the car to spin the fronts without the nanny kicking in.

Any thing else anybody can think of? It would be nice to get a good burnout on the front tires at least. You could then disengage the burnout button and do a small dry hop to clean off all 4 wheels in launch mode.

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

breeves002

Main thing is messing with the ABS system would be extremely dificult to do.  The signals and timing are very precise and would be very difficult to simulate.  It would be much easier to cut the power to the ABS unit entirely.

Wouldn't it be easier to just get a tune that disables traction and stability control like the performance package?

Front burnout is easy. You just need to unplug the ATCC solenoid to make it go 100% FWD, right?

Probably missing something since I'm new to this :P
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec