• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

FRP dropping, FDM failure? (w/datalogs)

Started by hawkeye93, September 05, 2016, 03:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: hawkeye93 on September 05, 2016, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on September 05, 2016, 05:08:04 PM
How long (miles) have these plugs been in the car, and what is the gap?  More often we see a fueling issue than an ignition issue once plugs have been changed and gapped properly.  How many logs have you done on the latest revision prior to the limp home incident occurring?  If there are no codes, it could be the car adjusting to the tune, as it seemed to do before.

About 2K miles on the plugs, gapped @ .030.  These were my first recorded logs with the new revision, but a few days ago, I did notice (after one of the stumbles), that I had 10* of spark retard (see Min value in photo).  I assume that's a result of knock?

Quote from: ZSHO on September 05, 2016, 05:03:49 PM
Did you check the relays,fuses by by the engine compartment....try swapping them around.  Z

Haven't swapped any fuses or relays yet.  I'll have to look up which ones are which.

The spark you reference in that pic is not spark retard from knock....It's displaying the total spark advance and the min and max values could've happened at any time.

At one point you hit a very low spark value and who knows why...It could've been commanded for all you know...At startup, on an up or downshift due to tq reduction who knows really.

You are mistaken the spark advance PID for knock sensor I think.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

hawkeye93

Yeah, I knew it could have happened at any time.  I wasn't sure the cause of the spark retard, I kind of figured any retard was due to knock.  But that's why I put the question mark...
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

hawkeye93

Update: New tune from Torrie fixed the issue.  A quick WOT shot only produced 18 PSI, instead of the 20+ PSI I had been seeing.  Wasn't datalogging today, but car ran strong, and no limp mode.  Thanks to Torrie and all who replied.
2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: hawkeye93 on September 06, 2016, 07:25:02 AM
Yeah, I knew it could have happened at any time.  I wasn't sure the cause of the spark retard, I kind of figured any retard was due to knock.  But that's why I put the question mark...
You might want to get rid of spark advance and use "knock sensor". That will give you a better idea of when your knock sensor is making corrections.

StealBlueSho

I was tuned by Unleashed and had similar fueling problems... trying to run as rich as he has you is just going to beat the crap out of the fuel rail..  before you start suspecting hardware problems, give your tune a good hard look... I am talking from experience. I replaced the LPFP, HPFP, and FDM while tuned with Unleashed. I am not saying anything bad about them just double check before spending hundreds of dollars on fueling parts that may not be the issue..