• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The 10 Least reliable cars of 2013

Started by adelsin, October 30, 2013, 11:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelsin

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

BigPelo

#10. Taurus Turbo not specified is FWD 2.0 or AWD 3.5 SHO...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

DJE624

I'd say they are talking about the SHO 3.5  But, I would also say that CR is full of bull.  They always give Ford (The Greatest Car Maker on Earth) a hard time.  Maybe Chrysler and Chevy gave them some of their bailout money.

elund126

It's been pretty well documented that most of the "unreliable" features of the Taurus were with the My Ford Touch system.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

vernonator

Consumer reports is total CRAP when it comes to car reveiws. Always have been, always will be - ESCPECIALLY wrt US made cars.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Shifrty1

mine isn't helping the cause...  ford found the right side cv joint leaking grease, and they are replacing the entire half shaft...  with only 7500 miles on it...
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

Scott13SHO

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cr-lists-the-10-least-reliable-new-cars.html

So who ratted us out? I'd like to know what was the major reporting problems. I had a fuel sending unit go bad in mine, but otherwise its been trouble free....

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

Brucelinc

OMG - you SHO owners must be scared spitless that you will take your SHO out for a drive and not make it back home without a major breakdown.   ;)

Seriously, how is this "honor" calculated?  Is it based on CR subscribers who own SHOs and report their "issues" via a feedback form?  If so, that would be a pretty small sample.  If there is other methodology, please let me know.

Of course, CR considers the inability to comprehend MFT or the offer of a free MFT update as a "reliability" issue.

SHOdded

Which one of you is gonna sell your ride now for WAY below purchase price (me rubbing hands in glee, waiting in the wings to pounce)????  Line up already  :rofl2:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PopolZ

Quote10. Ford Taurus: The SHO AWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 365-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. Its reliability was "well below average," in part due to the "convoluted" MyFord Touch interface.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

adelsin

Quote from: PopolZ on October 30, 2013, 03:48:02 PM
Quote10. Ford Taurus: The SHO AWD is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 365-horsepower, turbo engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. Its reliability was "well below average," in part due to the "convoluted" MyFord Touch interface.

Do you have an account, can you print that to PDF? I'd like to read it entirely.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

crash712us

Yeah I calling Bravo Sierra on CR as well. While the MyFord touch is troublesome what that got to do with reliability, its title is missing leading. Yet if you click the link on each car its takes you to a yahoo site and list many customer reviews. I did for the 2014 ecoboost escape as my mother just order one. And its rated 4 out 5 stars read many customer review and over all everyone is happy with but the biggest con is the ford My touch.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110