• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

If anyone is interested in the wiring schematics here is goes.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

cseverens

I bought my '13 cpo flex 04/30/16. this module failed and my car died 3 days after buying it. no recall at the time. paid a dealer to repair the car, and got a refund for the deductible from the selling dealer. hopefully it doesn't happen again!!
2013 Ford Flex Limited E/B

Auggie

Recall for 2013/2015 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS/MKT and Ford Police Interceptor vehicles equipped with the GTDI engines. Problem with the (PEM) could lose power to the fuel pump. Ford Recall # is 16S31.

Auggie

ZSHO

That recall was issued last month and actually found out today the reason its still pending is in fact its either going to be a module replacement or they might need to update/reflash your PCM to the latest cal/update.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Auggie

OH, OK, I just got a notice from NHTSA yesterday and called Ford and no parts yet. This could be a real problem if the engine stalls on the freeway at 70+ MPH !!

L1gerZero

Just took the SHO in (to correct a leak in the rear diff they serviced not even a month ago) and they snuck this into the invoice. Asked about it when i was reading and was informed they don't have the parts yet as well. Right before i left i pulled the codes and got P008B, hopefully this will make sure it gets fixed and not just "inspected" :(
2017 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0 AWD

ZSHO

I would advise anyone affected by this recall to revert back to stock tune prior to visiting there Ford Dealer and its from my understanding this will be either a module replacement or they might need to update/re-flash your PCM to the latest cal/update or both.  Z

ZSHO

I think for the time being it will be beneficial to always try to keep your tank FULL and to Keep the gas tank at least 1/4 full. This much gasoline, a 1/4 tank, keeps the fuel pump surrounded by gasoline, which helps keep the fuel pump cool.Running the tank less than 1/4 tank depletes this "coolant" and allows the fuel pump to run hotter. It is this heat from the pump, in addition to the ambient heat, that literally distills the gasoline in the tank. This precipitates out the solids and the sludges, which plugs the fuel pump filter. Having at least 1/4 tank of gas in the tank reduces all of these risks until a resolution to this recall is resolved.  Z

ZSHO

[UPDATE] I just came back from Ford and was able to obtain the following latest updates on the recall,stay tuned.  Z        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiWHR0eVhmb3RXNTF1RzM3ZDlCcjN2bEJsMGJN/view?usp=sharing

66 Galaxie

Great info!
Anyone know placement of module in Flex and Explorer??
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

13+FLEX & X-SPORT[Exclusively only here at E.B.P.F].  Z     

cljnco

My dealer pointed this out when I had my MKS in today, but like everyone else, told me probably be good long time before parts would be available.  How hard would it be to check the part in '13 MKS?

Is it the Pump or the Module that is overheating? Or is it the Module causing the pump to Overheat?

glock-coma

This module is in the trunk of the Taurus on the hump going from the cabin area to the trunk right behind the back seat. It's under the carpet
I'm assuming it would be in a similar area in the mks. 
Easy enough to find it a check the part number.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

slurppie

Glock, in my car, that hump area is actually the antennna.  The fuel module is located on the passenger side vertical slab right behind the back seat. (At least in my car)

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

I guess out of curiosity will be taking mine apart to see if its affected or not based from the recall above and will try to post up some pics on the process.  Z