• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE_SHO

Is this part still on backorder? When I bought mine, they said I would get an update as to when I need to bring in my car for this recall.
2013 SHO
1993 Supra TT 6 speed

66 Galaxie

My Flex is getting this done today.  I believe the dealers are now getting a good supply of modules so I would give your dealer a call.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

X2 most dealers should have them in stock AFAIK and would simply call any Ford dealer and request an appt and mention safety recall 16S31 FDM performed asap.  Z

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdib0hheEtpQVJtY3JLTEhkRlZVeHlaSlFkYnU0/view

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jims2015

I got paranoid when I got the notice and the dealer wasn't making appointments yet so I bought one from an online dealer for around $50 just to have on hand (just in case). I changed it myself, took less than 3 minutes. When I finally got the recall appointment notice, I called the Ford customer number on it and they said if I go have it verified at the dealer, they would reimburse me. We'll see how that goes.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

Vortech347

I called my dealer and they ordered one. Should be available next week to take my car in for it.

The service adviser also has a SHO and told me the pump got rid of his morning surge.  I have the exact same problem.  I'm excited to have it fixed!!
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

ZSHO

Quote from: Vortech347 on January 11, 2017, 06:39:22 PM
I called my dealer and they ordered one. Should be available next week to take my car in for it.

The service adviser also has a SHO and told me the pump got rid of his morning surge.  I have the exact same problem.  I'm excited to have it fixed!!
That's interesting,but would also mention SSM 44315 2013 Model Year Explorer, Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT, Fusion, MKZ, and Police Interceptor Utility and Sedan Vehicles may exhibit a fuel odor or hesitation.
Some 2013 Model Year Explorer, Taurus, MKS, Flex, MKT, Fusion, MKZ, and Police Interceptor Utility and Sedan Vehicles may exhibit a fuel odor, slow fill, or hesitation/stumble while driving and may or may not have one or more of the following codes present P0454, P0455, p0456, p0457, p0451, p0459 after Field Service Action 13S04 has been completed. This may be due to the fuel vapor line not being properly connected (fully seated) to the underside of the Fuel Delivery Module (FDM) which may lead to the carbon canister becoming saturated with liquid fuel.If fuel is found in the carbon canister and FSA13s04 has been completed on the vehicle, please inspect the vapor line connection to the FDM in addition to the normal diagnostics called out in the appropriate workshop manual.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

I had the recall done in Dec/ 16, and the computer upgraded to new tune for hesitation.  They changed my valadation code and therefore needed my tuner to redo my 3 tunes. 87 3bar, 91 3bar, 93 3bar.
My tuner Said it would be 150 bucks to redo my tunes, so be aware of that. I ended up only getting the 93 3 bar replaced, i am on a budget/disabled.
However with the recalled module replaced, Ford new base tune and my new 93 3bar the car is much quicker, more thrust, more responsive and more smooth, it is even significantly quieter. I then changed oil to Pennz oil Platinum and all the clicks in motor are now gone and smoother yet. At idle you cannot tell it is running and is so responsive and quick now. I am really happy but wish I had all my tunes.
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

AJP turbo

Quote from: avidmotion on January 17, 2017, 01:05:14 AM
I had the recall done in Dec/ 16, and the computer upgraded to new tune for hesitation.  They changed my valadation code and therefor needed my tuner to redo my 3 tunes. 87 3 bar, 91 3bar, 93 3bar)
Said it would be 150 bucks to redo my tunes, so be aware of that. I ended up only getting the 93 3 bar replaced, on a budget/disabled.
However with the realodule replaced. Ford new base tune and my new 93 3bar the car is much quicker, more thrust, more responsive and more smooth, it is even significantly quieter. I then changed oil to Pennz oil Platinum and all the clicks in motor are now gone and smoother yet. At idle you cannot tell it is running and is so responsive and quick now. I am really happy but wish I had all my tunes.

Why did you have to pay 150 to redo the tunes? Ford said that?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

avidmotion

Ford charged 80 for the TSP hesitation retune of pcm. Said they would use towards the 100 deductible for warranty work, for replacing the PTU for a bad whining issue. My tuner said he would now charge 150 to re do the three custom tunes I purchased from him 6 months before because of new strategy code. I only have the 93 3bar now on top of the ford's TSP redo of the PCM
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

AJP turbo

Quote from: avidmotion on January 17, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
Ford charged 80 for the TSP hesitation retune of pcm. Said they would use towards the 100 deductible for warranty work, for replacing the PTU for a bad whining issue. My tuner said he would now charge 150 to re do the three custom tunes I purchased from him 6 months before because of new strategy code. I only have the 93 3bar now on top of the ford's TSP redo of the PCM

So you got an updated strategy from Ford?

Damn that's unfortunate, it takes about 90 seconds per tune to create a new tune from an old tune.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Does this tuner charge for every change to your setup that needs a tune revision?  That's a throwback to the dark ages.  Tuners today only charge extra for major mods, and a strategy code/PCM calibration update is not one of them.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

StealBlueSho

If this guy is charging you every time there is a change, you already have a SCT device, next time I would ping AJPTurbo..... his tunes are fantastic and doesn't charge for revisions. His tune cost as much as your revisions... same with Unleashed and BCB I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

I must be in the wrong field/profession,lol.....150.00 in 90 sec!!!! and would have to agree its very unfortunate to say the least. Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on January 17, 2017, 12:17:20 PM
I must be in the wrong field/profession,lol......150.00 in 90 sec and would have to agree its very unfortunate. Z

Math on that works out to $6,000/hr if it's steady work... looks like I need to order the PRP and start learning!!! ROI on that is insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on January 17, 2017, 01:14:29 AM
Your tuner is either a thief or a hack, either way I wouldn't let him tune my leaf blower.