• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

AA8Z9D370B--AA8Z-9D370-D --GA8Z-9D370-A.....
R all the same part's for the SHO IMO. .
They will all have( 9D370 )OR 9D imprinted on the module itself. Z

Don't think you're going to suffer in a quarter mile,lol. Z
I think most importantly is not getting stuck especially with the weather upon us and hopefully its a permanent fix. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

metroplex

9D370 just refers to the type of part. The GA8Z probably means it is a 2016 part. But this is a lot of part revisions for something that seems fairly simple. I read that the F150s have their module bolted to the rear axle, which gets corroded over time. But that was the 2012 to 2014 f150 I believe.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

avidmotion

No not part of recall just had it replaced under warranty same time, it had a really bad whine louder then my stereo....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

CroR1

I had mine done the other day, I thought on the invoice the last letter was A, on the part number. I would have to double check... Bit disappointed in the dealer's service regarding factory warranty, so I will not be purchasing the extended warranty.

metroplex

Quote from: CroR1 on December 11, 2016, 02:52:27 PM
I had mine done the other day, I thought on the invoice the last letter was A, on the part number. I would have to double check... Bit disappointed in the dealer's service regarding factory warranty, so I will not be purchasing the extended warranty.

That's pretty much the SOP for the majority of Ford dealerships. We've owned Fords for over 30 years and the experience has been the same, regardless of which state or where the dealer ranks in terms of volume sales. My friends rave about Chevy/GM customer service, how they will wash your car before they return it to you. With Ford, the car comes back from the shop dirtier than before. Or how I have to wait 3+ weeks for a recall appointment, when the actual task takes less than 5 minutes.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

CroR1

lol, my neighbor takes his 2001 cts to a GM dealership he didnt even buy a single car from, for an oil change, and he just loves his GM dealership. They give him a brand new cts for a loaner while he is having an oil change. I take my SHO to my dealership, 10months/3yrs after I bought it(48K$), and they take the car for couple of days, and state we don't have a loaner for you. this dealership owns the entire city of dealerships, lots full of cars, new and used....But that's not my complaint, just adding to your comment.

metroplex

I just received the G8AZ-9D370-A module today. It is physically larger than the OEM equipped module. The bolt holes and harness connection look the same, but the actual electronics portion is larger.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

SHOdded

Pics would be great if you have any.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

If you look at any of the AA8Z-9D370-x modules, just imagine it about 1/4" larger in each L/W/H dimension and that would be approximately the size of the GA8Z-9D370-A module. I was worried it wouldn't fit behind the carpeted liner, but everything bolted back in place and the car runs fine.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

ZSHO

I think you may be correct to point that out because i noticed that the connector/harness is not flush against the new module leading me to believe its a fraction hair larger versus the old module which seems to be more flush against the module,pic's below.  Z     New module  

Old module   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

metroplex

Your new module still looks like it has the dimensions of the old module. The GA8Z module is noticeably larger, but the harness fits just like the old module.
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Heelfan1

Took the 13' in for the fuel pump recall and they did replace it. Though while it was in there I told them about a noise from the front end which sounded like a wheel bearing. They ended up ordering both front axles and will replace when the parts arrive. Luckily still under warranty.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jims2015

Quote from: ZSHO on December 16, 2016, 05:55:51 PM
I think you may be correct to point that out because i noticed that the connector/harness is not flush against the new module leading me to believe its a fraction hair larger versus the old module which seems to be more flush against the module,pic's below.  Z     New module  

Old module   

Looking at your new module, I thought the correct module had to have a 5 or 5F suffix on the mfg number???
Is that not true on the replacements?
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

avidmotion

I am so glad I got my recall done, and a TSB computer upgrade tune. This made a BIG difference like a new different car. Much smoother, at idle can not tell the motor is running, so much quieter and smoother. Under acceleration way smoother, not a hint of low throttle stutter like before. Seems much more powerful especially at the top of the gears and I get 3 mph more before each max shift. Seat of pants I picked up hp, smoother then any car I ever had, purrs almost no noise or vibration in car. Very happy. Big improvement!
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.