• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2016, 10:05:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the FPM on back order with NO ETA simular to the license plate lamp recall a while back ago....probably be wise to purchase the part now and get reimbursed if it wasnt for the inspection and not knowing if you certainly qualify for the replacement.  Z
Me neither. I brought up the eco shortblock shortage and I received a nasty look and a lecture about the myriad of parts that are currently unavailable from the lovely MRS.

Shop talk gets me in trouble with her constantly, lol.

sholxgt

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 24, 2016, 10:12:21 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2016, 10:05:48 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the FPM on back order with NO ETA simular to the license plate lamp recall a while back ago....probably be wise to purchase the part now and get reimbursed if it wasnt for the inspection and not knowing if you certainly qualify for the replacement.  Z
Me neither. I brought up the eco shortblock shortage and I received a nasty look and a lecture about the myriad of parts that are currently unavailable from the lovely MRS.

Shop talk gets me in trouble with her constantly, lol.

Too funny!  I understand completely.  I'm lucky though and my wife is one step removed from Service.  As in her desk is next to the Service Managers.  She just leans over and bugs him for me.

My basic understanding is that the full production of many parts is going to the line to build cars right now.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOhobo

So if I read what has been posted and what I have read on the owner website so far it is an inspect and replace it if needed or is this a replace the module no matter what?...if it is replace no matter what then I am purchasing the part now and go through the reimbursement hassle later....good strategy if it is replace no matter what situation correct?
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

sholxgt

It is a flat out replace period.

I would not buy the part ahead of time.  For all we know you may get the same faulty part.  I'd wait until dealerships receive notice on Nov 14 regarding parts availability.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOhobo

Great....drive that 400 mile road trip with confidence....YIKES!
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOhobo on August 24, 2016, 10:39:05 PM
If the board is any measure of failures, I'd say we're relatively safe, at least so far.

ZSHO

I will certainly have some updates for ya'll tomorrow pertaining to the recall and whats actually in store procedure wise...stay tuned . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOhobo on August 24, 2016, 10:39:05 PM
IMHO you should be fine with your 15 SHO....the 13-14 SHO are more susceptible and prone to failures such as the FDM,and any such Fuel related issues,especially the 13SHO,enjoy the trip.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I was unfortunately not able to obtain any new information due to it being in the early stages of the recall but will definitely have an update once its available,basically have the same info as Sholxgt but an extended version.LOL.  Z

sholxgt

Yup...I skipped page 2.  Lazy.

Seems strange to me that they are going to notify customers Sept 12, but won't have the complete dealer bulletin until Nov 14.  I suspect that dealers are going to get barraged with phone calls, but not have any answers for two whole months.

This might be a recall that is best done during the later stages once the procedure and part is better known.

bamsho

Huh, well I just replaced both this year, so I should have the updated part number.  The module is actually cheap.  $55 for the thing and its behind the right rear seat back, behind the carpet liner.  I mean super easy replacement.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

glock-coma

Quote from: bamsho on August 25, 2016, 11:54:41 AM
Huh, well I just replaced both this year, so I should have the updated part number.  The module is actually cheap.  $55 for the thing and its behind the right rear seat back, behind the carpet liner.  I mean super easy replacement.
That stupid thing on the hump Behind the seat back?
I was wondering what that was. I actually relocated mine the under the seat with some zip ties. It was always getting crushed by stuff when the trunk was full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

I thought i might add this to the MIX.  Z   http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2016/ford-recalls-113000-vehicles-2-recalls.shtml    August 25, 2016 Ford says more than 113,000 vehicles are recalled in TWO RECALLS involving problems ranging from engines that stall to windows that can close with too much force and might want to add the Escape to the mix. ..... due stay Tuned.  Z

r1crusher

If this recall is indeed for that stupid module under the rear seat I'll hopefully be getting my $100 extended warranty deductible returned to me for when I had mine go out earlier this year.

Fingers crossed.... :D
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on August 28, 2016, 09:23:55 PM
If this recall is indeed for that stupid module under the rear seat I'll hopefully be getting my $100 extended warranty deductible returned to me for when I had mine go out earlier this year.

Fingers crossed.... :D
Kevin They charged you Double the price for the part plus install hopefully they will reimburse you the same amount,HA.  Z