• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Fuel Pump Module Recall

Started by sholxgt, August 23, 2016, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Wife just go this email from Ford...

Advance Notice
     DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD -
     Advance Notice - Safety Recall 16S31
     Certain 2013-2015 Model Year Flex, MKS, MKT, and Taurus Vehicles Equipped With 3.5L Ecoboost Engines, and 2013-2015 Police Interceptor Sedan Vehicles - Fuel Pump Control Module Inspection and Repair

No other information on FMCDealer yet.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Interesting, already had a recall on the FDM, now the FPCM!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

metroplex

It's on the news now, affects pretty much 13-up EcoBoost 3.5L V6 engines on a variety of models:

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Ford-recalls-over-88K-vehicles-due-to-stalling-9181414.php

I looked at the FSM and the only control module I found seems to be somewhere behind the rear seat.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

sholxgt

I recall a few members having this exact problem.  Vehicle running fine one second and dead the next. 

Wife has the full letter now.  I will scan and post when she gets home from work.  We should all be receiving letters in the mail mid-September and the campaign for replacement will start in November.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Recall Date: AUG 22, 2016
Recall Title: FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE INSPECTION AND REPAIR
NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#
Ford Recall Number: 16S31

Recall Description: ON AFFECTED VEHICLES, A COMPONENT WITHIN THE FUEL PUMP ELECTRIC MODULE (PEM) MAY MALFUNCTION DUE TO ELEVATED TEMPERATURES WITHIN THE MODULE. MALFUNCTION OF THE FUEL PEM MAY RESULT IN AN OPEN CIRCUIT CAUSING A LOSS OF ELECTRICAL POWER TO THE FUEL PUMP. IF THIS OCCURS, THE CUSTOMER MAY EXPERIENCE AN ENGINE NO-START OR AN ENGINE STALL. IN SOME CASES, THE ENGINE MAY STALL WITHOUT WARNING OR THE ABILITY TO RESTART.
Risk to Safety: AN ENGINE STALL WHILE DRIVING WITHOUT WARNING OR THE ABILITY TO RESTART, CAN INCREASE THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE FUEL PUMP ELECTRIC MODULE INSPECTED AND REPLACED IF NEEDED. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR THIS SERVICE. FORD WILL FORWARD A COPY OF THE NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO DEALERS TO THE AGENCY WHEN AVAILABLE.
Manufacturer Notes: TO CHECK FOR NON-SAFETY-RELATED PROGRAMS APPLICABLE TO YOUR VEHICLE, SEE HTTP://WWW.FORD.COM/ OR CALL YOUR FORD DEALER.       https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls/results.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOhobo

So park it and wait for the letter and subsequent dealer inspection  or roll the dice and continue driving it?  This issue doesn't seem to be widespread amongst this community or am I missing something?  I do not think I can get myself to park my SHO and just look at it.
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOhobo on August 24, 2016, 03:08:02 PM
So park it and wait for the letter and subsequent dealer inspection  or roll the dice and continue driving it?  This issue doesn't seem to be widespread amongst this community or am I missing something?  I do not think I can get myself to park my SHO and just look at it.
I would just roll the dice on this one and just enjoy the SHO and even if you leave it parked until you receive the official letter in the mail it might not even start.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlueSHO

Looks like as of now my 16 SHO is not on the recall list.. 8)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO

Quote from: JeffsSport on August 24, 2016, 04:07:26 PM

Whats your build date? if its a job 1 you could be on the preliminary stages of the recall since yours is only a 16,only time will tell.  Z

BlueSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on August 24, 2016, 05:23:09 PM
Quote from: JeffsSport on August 24, 2016, 04:07:26 PM

Whats your build date? if its a job 1 you could be on the preliminary stages of the recall since yours is only a 16,only time will tell.  Z
Yikes. You might be correct. I checked my car on the Ford my owner website and was good. Mine was built 11/30/15 and was number 141 of the 16's built. Oh well anyone know what the fix is?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

FoMoCoSHO

Well if that happens I'm definitely going to be running a little lean...

BlueSHO

Looks like my 16 SHO is good.

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

sholxgt

magnum21

Mine failed a month ago and costed me $300 to have it replaced at the dealer, guess Ill contact Ford and see about a refund. Funny thing is the dealer said he had an MKS in the week prior to mine with the same failure. I wonder if they are coming out with a revised module.

ZSHO

I wouldn't be surprised to see the FPM on back order with NO ETA simular to the license plate lamp recall a while back ago....probably be wise to purchase the part now and get reimbursed later if it wasnt for the inspection and not knowing if you certainly qualify for the replacement,many overall parts are on special order and not available in stock. Z