• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Replacing injectors

Started by zstring, August 16, 2016, 08:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zstring

so i have to replace 2 injectors.
What do you guys think?

Bosch, GP Sorensen, BWD, or Motorcraft?

Bosch is least expensive, but I figure the rest of the fuel system is Bosch, so why not?

No upgrades, maybe basic bolt-on stuff for the near future (i.e. cat-back, intake, tune).

But for now, all is stock.

If i DO decide to REALLY push it, i might go to high flow injectors later on, but i just need something reliable for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶

FoMoCoSHO

Me personally, I'd put Bosch in.

Motorcraft is probably relabeled Bosch as well.

Please link to the others as I wasn't aware of they existed, i didn't think there were any companies making replacement DI injectors.

SHOdded

The highest hp rides so far are all on stock injectors AFAIK.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

zstring

zstring

FoMoCoSHO

I don't know what year your car is but late 2014 there was an injector o ring change (increased tolerance to alcohols) that I suspect won't be reflected in the non motorcraft/bosch part.

The Motorcraft looks like a rebadged Bosch.

I think you will get a better service part warranty buying the Motorcraft part at your local or online dealer which the latter tends to be much cheaper. (2 yrs unlimited mileage)

zstring

sry, 2010 MKT

zstring

it's kind of funny. AutoZone and Advance both lists the Bosch warranty at three months but Oreilly lists it at one year. GP Sorenson and BWD warrantees are three years at AutoZone and advance

Nostrum Hi Perf

Quote from: zstring on August 16, 2016, 08:21:46 PM
so i have to replace 2 injectors.
What do you guys think?

Bosch, GP Sorensen, BWD, or Motorcraft?

Bosch is least expensive, but I figure the rest of the fuel system is Bosch, so why not?

No upgrades, maybe basic bolt-on stuff for the near future (i.e. cat-back, intake, tune).

But for now, all is stock.

If i DO decide to REALLY push it, i might go to high flow injectors later on, but i just need something reliable for now.

All of the brands you listed there were made by Bosch.  The other companies just re-box the injector and sell it.  If you were to buy all of them and throw out the packaging you could not tell them apart.