• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalogging with SCTx4 Device

Started by StealBlueSho, August 07, 2016, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 25, 2016, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 25, 2016, 09:44:31 PM
Steal Blue, have you figured out how to get the DMRs working?

I am in an endless loop of downloading the update, it telling me it installed them, then continuing to tell me I need the update every time I open the program.

When I try to validate pids I get squat.
Yea I ran into that update issue as well... I just kept letting it update until it took...

To validate the list you need to hook up the SCT to your car and then to the laptop as well, and then go through the validation process.. it was the only way I could get that to work...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Stock for stock...logs i get from people always show the 10'-12' sho's reving higher
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 25, 2016, 09:56:37 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 25, 2016, 09:44:31 PM
Steal Blue, have you figured out how to get the DMRs working?

I am in an endless loop of downloading the update, it telling me it installed them, then continuing to tell me I need the update every time I open the program.

When I try to validate pids I get squat.
Yea I ran into that update issue as well... I just kept letting it update until it took...

To validate the list you need to hook up the SCT to your car and then to the laptop as well, and then go through the validation process.. it was the only way I could get that to work...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah, I did that but I guess they haven't "took" yet.

Very annoying.

FoMoCoSHO

Any chance of a screen shot of the available DMR's?

FoMoCoSHO

So, if anyone with a 2013 + wants DMR support, delete Livelink and the Device updater then download the newest versions, update, and you should be good to go.

You will need to revert back to stock when updating the device installer but you don't need to swap out your 3 bar for this process.

After the updated software is installed, take your laptop and livelink to the car , hook up and verify your pids. On mine, the DMRs were mixed in with the oem and OBD pids.

I must warn you, be prepared for a datagazm...Mine has well over 1000 pids now.

Once that is done, make note of your strategy number, you will need it for offline mode. You can then select your strategy when disconnected to edit/create the config file. import your current config file then add/swap DMRs

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 23, 2016, 11:36:59 PM
So, if anyone wants DMR support, delete Livelink and the Device updater then download the newest versions, update, and you should be good to go.

You will need to revert back to stock when updating the device installer but you don't need to swap out your 3 bar for this process.

I must warn you, be prepared for a datagazm...

The problem I'm having is I want to build a new config file consisting of DMR's and pids but when I'm hooked up to the car all I see is DMRs and when I'm not connected I can only see pids.

Any ideas about this issue would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how to delete old logs off the handheld? I don't see the old logs but the time on the existing files have gotten pretty outrageous. It's like the data is gone but the time window still exists so it takes forever to find what I'm looking for.

Can't help you with PIDS vs DMR... BUT... what do you mean delete logs off the old device? Are  you talking about the config files? or are you actually talking about the logs? On the SCTx4, whenever you stop datalogging and start a new datalog it over writes the existing log on the device. HOWEVER, if you leave the device plugged in to the car in datalog mode it will just record static until it fills up or you reset it.

derfdog15

Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 24, 2016, 07:09:23 AM
So, if anyone wants DMR support, delete Livelink and the Device updater then download the newest versions, update, and you should be good to go.

The problem I'm having is I want to build a new config file consisting of DMR's and pids but when I'm hooked up to the car all I see is DMRs and when I'm not connected I can only see pids.

Also, does anyone know how to delete old logs off the handheld? I don't see the old logs but the time on the existing files have gotten pretty outrageous. It's like the data is gone but the time window still exists so it takes forever to find what I'm looking for.

Can't help you with PIDS vs DMR... BUT... what do you mean delete logs off the old device? Are  you talking about the config files? or are you actually talking about the logs? On the SCTx4, whenever you stop datalogging and start a new datalog it over writes the existing log on the device. HOWEVER, if you leave the device plugged in to the car in datalog mode it will just record static until it fills up or you reset it.

I leave mine plugged in and on the datalog screen pretty consistently, and tend to see the time axis be pretty high when I actually record. To alleviate this, I sometimes unplug the X4 before leaving if I know I am going to datalog, and plug it back in, as well as stopping the log before I do this. Seems to help
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

FoMoCoSHO

I leave it in gauge mode pretty much at all times and hit record when I need it.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 24, 2016, 12:17:37 PM

I leave it in gauge mode pretty much at all times and hit record when I need it.

Right, so when you are in Gauge/Datalogging mode the timer is progressing even though you are not technically recording any data... so when you do finally decide to record something, the time stamps are from when you originally put the device in Gauge/Datalogging mode and NOT when you actually hit the recording mode.

JimC1

Thanks, I will load the file to my X4. Easier than dragging along the laptop for a session.

And this may explain why I only got the idle and not the rest of the data when I did it the other day with my laptop. I had hit the data log "red circle" and apparently that locked in to that data stream only. I could see the data on my laptop but nothing was saving apparently but the previous idle setting

FoMoCoSHO

So is anyone else having issues with the histogram function?

When I try to make one all that comes up for selection are the analogs.

FoMoCoSHO

Another thing....I've been having issues with config files built out of validated pids failing to load.

Anyone else ran into this?

StealBlueSho

Only time I have run into that issue was when I building config files without validating against my ECU...

Black Dream

Thanks for this amazing write up. I'll be doing this today to send to Torrie at Unleashed but I have no idea what to log.  Continuous normal driving, 0-60 runs, full throttle runs for a certain length of time, etc.  What say ye tuning gurus?
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Macgyver

AJP had a datalog setup for Laptops. Just install livewire and he has a config file that runs what he needs to see to tune which is what you need to see. Maybe Torrie has a similar thing.

ridered74

Quote from: Black Dream on June 21, 2021, 08:53:40 AM
Thanks for this amazing write up. I'll be doing this today to send to Torrie at Unleashed but I have no idea what to log.  Continuous normal driving, 0-60 runs, full throttle runs for a certain length of time, etc.  What say ye tuning gurus?

Not tuned by Torie anymore, but when I was I would just do a 0-100 log. Might want to just shoot him an email and ask him what he wants to see, he'd probably reply within about 3 minutes.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET