• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalogging with SCTx4 Device

Started by StealBlueSho, August 07, 2016, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Yea I dunno, I agree.. I have datalogged longer before.. oh well, usually only use it to log a few runs... Not just driving around lol..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 19, 2016, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 08, 2016, 11:14:54 AM
How many PIDs, AGF?

I get about 26 minutes to logging with 37 pids and one OBD...longer if I cut out some of the pids...

What is the PC you are logging with like? Are you running any extra programs?

I am not sure exactly how livelink works but if it is like most software it may be storing all that data in memory until you click save rather than caching to a temp file on the disk. This would make how much you can log very sensitive to how much memory your computer has and what else is running at the time. A 100mb file on disk may be 200 or 500mb when loaded due to all the extra meta-data a program might generate when the content is loaded.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

sholxgt

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 19, 2016, 01:21:39 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 19, 2016, 10:52:28 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 08, 2016, 11:14:54 AM
How many PIDs, AGF?

I get about 26 minutes to logging with 37 pids and one OBD...longer if I cut out some of the pids...

What is the PC you are logging with like? Are you running any extra programs?

I am not sure exactly how livelink works but if it is like most software it may be storing all that data in memory until you click save rather than caching to a temp file on the disk. This would make how much you can log very sensitive to how much memory your computer has and what else is running at the time. A 100mb file on disk may be 200 or 500mb when loaded due to all the extra meta-data a program might generate when the content is loaded.

They are data logging with just the SCT programmer and no PC.  Prior to Steal showing me the light, I was lugging my laptop out to the car and making it much more difficult than it needs to be.  Only benefit of the laptop method is the ability to create multiple files instead of one at a time.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: sholxgt on August 19, 2016, 01:28:47 PM

They are data logging with just the SCT programmer and no PC.  Prior to Steal showing me the light, I was lugging my laptop out to the car and making it much more difficult than it needs to be.  Only benefit of the laptop method is the ability to create multiple files instead of one at a time.

The other benefit is larger file size support, the device may log faster but there will be limits on how much it can hold as they are not super sophisticated hardware in reality, you are mainly paying for the licences with these boxes.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

StealBlueSho

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 19, 2016, 01:48:49 PM

The other benefit is larger file size support, the device may log faster but there will be limits on how much it can hold as they are not super sophisticated hardware in reality, you are mainly paying for the licences with these boxes.
Yup, but when you are doing remote tuning with someone it's pretty easy to go out with just the SCT, log a few pulls all at once, upload it into LiveLink, separate out the runs, and email them to your tuner. You could do the same thing with a laptop of course. But I personally find it easier to use the hand held.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 19, 2016, 01:56:13 PM
Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 19, 2016, 01:48:49 PM

Yup, but when you are doing remote tuning with someone it's pretty easy to go out with just the SCT, log a few pulls all at once, upload it into LiveLink, separate out the runs, and email them to your tuner. You could do the same thing with a laptop of course. But I personally find it easier to use the hand held.

I have ditched my wireless "toys" and the X4 is now permanently installed on my dash.

The difference in speed is dramatic and the gauge colors match the OEM pretty well.

I like the added ability to be able to get a real log anytime.

The box kinda sucks but form follows function and the GTX will fix that issue.

sholxgt

I wonder what the GTX will cost?  The x4 is pretty poorly designed overall, but it basically works.

I don't recall seeing anyone on here that opted for the Livewire.  Kind of surprised.  Maybe I'm not the only one that just couldn't justify the extra cost.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: sholxgt on August 19, 2016, 02:13:16 PM
I wonder what the GTX will cost?  The x4 is pretty poorly designed overall, but it basically works.

I don't recall seeing anyone on here that opted for the Livewire.  Kind of surprised.  Maybe I'm not the only one that just couldn't justify the extra cost.

I have the TS+ myself but not sure it was worth it. The touch screen is meh and visibility is bad in the daytime. I got it for the supposedly faster logging but have not really compared it to x4 logs yet. The reality is while a tuner may be able to log faster there is a logical upper limit the car's hardware will hit at some point.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

AJP turbo

Should be available for 399 same as x4 according to my sources at sct and possibly September
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 19, 2016, 02:23:02 PM
Should be available for 399 same as x4 according to my sources at sct and possibly September
Perfect timing, BDay present to myself!

glock-coma

thx for breaking down this process, I did some logging yesterday with just the x4 and I did hit the start/stop button between runs.
I didn't save the first run on the laptop so I assumed I lost it......but I didnt.

When I down loaded the second run, the first log was still in there.
The car was off but the tuner was still connected between runs but it was probably a 1/2 hour between them.

So it seems it will keep more than one log at a time.

Heres the log,
first log is at 509.808
second log at 1502.645
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

StealBlueSho

Quote from: glock-coma on August 25, 2016, 07:18:30 PM
thx for breaking down this process, I did some logging yesterday with just the x4 and I did hit the start/stop button between runs.
I didn't save the first run on the laptop so I assumed I lost it......but I didnt.

The car was off but the tuner was still connected between runs but it was probably a 1/2 hour between them.

Heres the log,
first log is at 509.808
second log at 1502.645

Technically your are correct, you can hit the record button again to pause it and again to resume as long as you don't disconnect it OR start a new log... however, there have been many a times where I paused a record and accidentally started up a new datalog. This particularly sucks when you get a really good log just to loose it.

I went ahead and updated the How To with this... just hope people pay attention! lol

BTW: Logs look great, but I would imagine you still have more to go.. :-) I went around 15 Revisions with Bradley and then a couple more after the wastegate mod... 

FoMoCoSHO

Steal Blue, have you figured out how to get the DMRs working?

I am in an endless loop of downloading the update, it telling me it installed them, then continuing to tell me I need the update every time I open the program.

When I try to validate pids I get squat. 

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on August 25, 2016, 07:18:30 PM

Heres the log,
first log is at 509.808
second log at 1502.645
Damn, everybody gets higher shift points than I do...

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 25, 2016, 09:44:31 PM
Steal Blue, have you figured out how to get the DMRs working?

I am in an endless loop of downloading the update, it telling me it installed them, then continuing to tell me I need the update every time I open the program.

When I try to validate pids I get squat.
Yea I ran into that update issue as well... I just kept letting it update until it took...

To validate the list you need to hook up the SCT to your car and then to the laptop as well, and then go through the validation process.. it was the only way I could get that to work...