• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Datalogging with SCTx4 Device

Started by StealBlueSho, August 07, 2016, 07:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 07, 2016, 11:49:14 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 07, 2016, 11:40:29 PM
You can not do separate logs. The easiest way is to just log the entire time then use the "Save View" option in LiveLink II on the runs you want separated out.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Any idea how long before memory runs out?

I have run logs up to the length of my commute (about 1hr 15mins)
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FistyMcgee

Should I datalog and send the data to LMS to refine the tune that they sent me then? That's what I understand from this conversation. I don't mind sounding stupid so I ask questions like this.

SHOdded

LME doesnt use datalogs per se.  Just tell them what you want & why. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: FistyMcgee on August 11, 2016, 07:38:31 PM
Should I datalog and send the data to LMS to refine the tune that they sent me then? That's what I understand from this conversation. I don't mind sounding stupid so I ask questions like this.

To add to SHOdded's post, the MyCal provided by LMS does not even offer data logging AFAIK.  That leaves you completely blind without a second device.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: SHOdded on August 08, 2016, 11:14:54 AM
How many PIDs, AGF?

Opened up one of my old commute logs.

32mins, 32 values all PID. File size was about 51mb
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FistyMcgee

Got it, I'll need sct x4 so I know what's going in with the car in general.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FistyMcgee on August 15, 2016, 03:51:12 PM
Got it, I'll need sct x4 so I know what's going in with the car in general.
It may help of you are interested. I believe LMS has stated that datalogging from the SCT devices does not provide accurate data from their point of view so anything you "find" with it they will probably not trust. If you are concerned about something in the tune the best thing to do is talk to them.. SCT x4 devices are $400 or so...you could pick up a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and a phone app like torque for a lot less just to see vitals...IMHO

FistyMcgee

Ahh very good idea, I have an obdii reset but I want a Bluetooth one, it's a lot less hassle and cleaner thank you for the suggestion and training for not using sct

FoMoCoSHO

FYI for anyone doing this, my device updater would not transfer the file....ended up that it didn't like Livelink and the updater open at the same time. When I closed both and reopened the updater it worked perfectly.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 16, 2016, 10:33:54 PM
FYI for anyone doing this, my device updater would not transfer the file....ended up that it didn't like Livelink and the updater open at the same time. When I closed both and reopened the updater it worked perfectly.

Good point... Forgot about that.. thanks for catching it!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 16, 2016, 10:35:06 PM

You work with SCT long enough you learn to understand its "quirks" when it decides not to behave, lol.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 16, 2016, 10:41:22 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 16, 2016, 10:35:06 PM

You work with SCT long enough you learn to understand its "quirks" when it decides not to behave, lol.
True... There is a way to transfer the cf4 file straight into the SCT x4 from LiveLink without having to use SCT Device Updater.. and actually LiveLink is the only way to remove to config files from the SCTx4...  I was on vacation and didn't have my SCT x4 with me so I could not screen cap that process...

StealBlueSho

How many PIDs, AGF?

I get about 26 minutes to logging with 37 pids and one OBD...longer if I cut out some of the pids...

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 19, 2016, 10:52:28 AM
How many PIDs, AGF?

I get about 26 minutes to logging with 37 pids and one OBD...longer if I cut out some of the pids...
Weird, my latest was 126 minutes with 33 pids.

Haven't seen the memory full warning yet.