• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to remove petcock

Started by salsathe4th, October 29, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salsathe4th

I am trying to flush my coolant out and have think i located the petcock. Its under the radiator on drivers side. It doesn't look like the usual butterfly wing nut shape plug that most cars have.

First is this the right plug?

How do i remove it? I have tried using pliers and push pulling/ twisting with no release.

Thanks!
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

AJP turbo

Looks like you use a socket or it may accept an allen key in the hole...not sure what that second pic is
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

salsathe4th

Quote from: AJP turbo on October 29, 2016, 12:07:36 PM
Looks like you use a socket or it may accept an allen key in the hole...not sure what that second pic is

I feel dumb....i see the drain valve above now .... :newbie:

edit**

Well....fuc% me....now what....?
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

AJP turbo

Maybe some wd40 and an easy out bit to get those plastic threads out and maybe the parts store has new petcocks that will fit
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

pmezo33

Did anything drain when you broke the petcock or is it still tight?  Those plastic valves are notoriously easy to break on all cars.

If nothing drained, just pull the lower radiator hose and drain it that way. 

pmezo33

If you want to replace the plug, here's the part.  What year is your MKS?  It fits for my 2010, so I'd assume it would be the same for whatever year yours is.

http://www.tascaparts.com/lincoln/mks/foaz8115a/2010-year/ecoboost-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/cooling-system-cat/radiator-and-components-scat/?part_name=radiator-drain-plug

salsathe4th

Nothing drained....the plug barely moved and right when i used any bit of force boom it breaks. I just bought one online and should come some time next week. I'd rather not bother with removing the hose when I'm just gonna replace the plug anyways. I'll keep you updated.
-master yoda

pmezo33

I'd drain that radiator prior to extracting the broken plug.  Probably will be easier to do and less of a mess.

Lower radiator hose is pretty easy to do.  Most people don't even bother with the petcocks because of what happened to you.  It's usually just held on by some quick release clamp and it's right above that petcock valve.  Just have a bucket ready.

ZSHO

Dammit, sorry to late. .it's the RED one on mine. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|