• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

AlkyControl PAC and Controller settings

Started by miller007, August 03, 2016, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miller007

Hi all!  So I have some very ignorant questions I'd like to ask here (in the trust tree) to see if I can get enough info out of you brainiacks before bothering Julio at Alky with my silly uneducatednessness...

First things first - I bought the kit, and had it installed by the same person with the AWD tuner - very competent installer, and appears to have done a great job.  I had the kit installed back in February this year, and have had no issues with the install itself - no leaks, kit works like it's supposed to.  The guy is about 1.5 hours away though, and is quiet busy - so any small tweaks and things I can learn and do myself - I'm attempting to do so.  (Wife, kid, new house - time is money - DIY when I can on anything these days).

After install we loaded the LMS Methanol tune, and rolled her on the dyno.  Here's where the service fell a little short from a tuner perspective, in my opinion, and where I'm looking to either pick things up myself and/or find another tuner to go back to if I can't get things smoothed out via my own tests.  We made some passes on the dyno, and got some great numbers - better and better as the gain knob turned up - we settled on about 6 as the final setting there.  However, he never messed with the other two settings (set to factory as Julio does for us) "turn on" and "initial". 

I've been driving it for a while now as my daily, and I've noticed a few things where it seems to be a little too rich at times, a little too lean at others potentially. 

My first question, finally, is quiet a silly one - if I wasn't present for the install, and I called the installer and asked him "Where is the PAC installed here in this setup/where did he put it exactly?", and he can't remember off hand and wants me to drive all the way out there for him to look for it...  Where should I start looking and working my way back, essentially, to find the PAC?  The indicator lights are down by my right leg installed on the wall there.  The Gain knob controller is in my glove box.  Should I start at my glove box, take it off, and work my way back from there to see if the PAC is on the wall somewhere around there?  Or what would be the most efficient way to locate said PAC without driving all the way back to the installer?

2nd question is - With the "Turn on" setting, and "initial" for that matter...  If I turn the "Turn On" setting down/counterclockwise towards 11:00, 10:00, 9:00 - is that delaying the "Turn On" of the system, or is it expediting the "Turn On"?  So if I turn if left a tick - is that making the system come on a bit later in the throttle/voltage?

Likewise for the "Initial"...  Can someone describe how turning that one either left or right affects the system exactly?  The "initial" is how fast it ramps up once engaged, is that correct?

Sorry again for the very uninformed questions, and thank you all for your help learning me up on the expensive system I should already know more about! 

In the end, after I tinker a little with it myself and take some hard drives and daily drives - if I can't figure things out myself how the system responds best to the tune and vice versa - I'll either go back to the Dyno/tuner, or find a more educated one to take it to - one that really knows how to dial in these Meth systems with an LMS tune.  Either way, I need to learn more about my AlkyControl system, educate myself further so I can better monitor it and keep my car healthy and getting the most out of the upgrade.

Finding where that PAC is my first step, and I just didn't want to go digging first without asking the good people here for some advice on the smart way to go about it, for a dummy like me...  = )  Muchas Gracias!
2013 PP SHO Platinum White - Megan Coilovers, Airaid Hot AI, Corsa cat-back, LMS catted DP's, Alky Controls 100% Meth kit, 170° stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS 91-93 Methanol tune, white LED's, tinted heads and tails, and lots o' custom exterior mods...

SHOurpp

i have 2 of these kits in 2 different carS.
a grand national and a typhoon
heres what the settings do you asked about;

if the gain knob is maxed out and knock is present-you need more alcohol sprayed
you'll have to find the controller and advance the initial knob from around the 11:30 position to 12:00 o'clock
then back off the blue knob and monitor
i cant answer all your questions but Julio is the beast at this platform- call him.

duel 3 inch cat less down pipes
sct x4- as a scanner/logger only
3 bar map
hp tuners
both bovs vta