• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Shoes

Started by Stuntz, July 15, 2015, 09:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuntz

First off sorry for the dirty car pics.
After I put the new wheels on the car I loved the front but wasn't impressed by the rear. So I decided to lower the rear another inch and space the rear a tad wider. Now it looks good. What do you guys think?

2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

Frozen Taurus

2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

BiGMaC

Looks super!

Let us know if widening the rear stance increases dirt/rocks from the tires on the rear paint.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

CroR1

I'm just curious, how much does one of these wheels weight, and are they gunmetal in color?

Stuntz

29 lbs and yes they are gunmetal
2013 SHO PP

CroR1

How's the ride quality on those rims? What about the front, did you notice any difference in steering response/difficulty since you went from 245 to 275?

Stuntz

Ride quality is the same truly. I have a bit more noise from the tires during a low speed turn but that's about it.
2013 SHO PP

Frozen Taurus

What size of spacers did you with in the rear?
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers

Stuntz

I used the same 25mm ones that I had with the factory wheels. I will probably move to a 15mm in time
2013 SHO PP

Frozen Taurus

Quote from: Stuntz on July 21, 2015, 07:57:13 PM
I used the same 25mm ones that I had with the factory wheels. I will probably move to a 15mm in time

Nice ...so the offset would now be +15 in the back....that's out there for all to see haha

SHOBOAT16

Quote from: Stuntz on July 18, 2015, 05:55:23 PM
First off sorry for the dirty car pics.
After I put the new wheels on the car I loved the front but wasn't impressed by the rear. So I decided to lower the rear another inch and space the rear a tad wider. Now it looks good. What do you guys think?

I know you don't ahve the car and wheels anymore as you've sold them but you said you lowered it another inch?  What did you mean by that?  You were on H&R correct?  I'm looking to add aftermarket wheels with this size and tire but wondering what it would look like on my '13 SHO with H&Rs.
'13 SHO PP with Hennessey Maxboost 445 Pkg H&R Springs

Vortech347

Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

gearheadred

Are these gloss or matte/flat finish? I like the slight variation between the wheel color and color of car - looks sharp!