• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CP-E Intercooler for Fusion - Fits with ACC and AGS

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, July 31, 2016, 12:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherGreenFusion

Helped a friend install the new CP-E IC yesterday. It actually fits in the stock location with all stock parts including for those with adaptive cruise! Getting that ACC on and off was not fun but possible!

Full Review with pics.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

derfdog15

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

SHOdded

Parts envy :thumb:  If I had a SHO, I could've asked them to makes stuff for it.  The problem has been getting a car for them to work with for long enough.  They are practically in my backyard ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

It's great you have this part, however are there documented gains? If it's roughly the same size, I'd imagine it's effective cooling would be about the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AnotherGreenFusion

Roughly the same size?

I honestly have no doubt it cools much better than stock, early data reads say its about as good as the levels but the person who has it has not upped the boost yet so more data collection to do. This is most certainly better than stock by a very good margin. Better than Levels or ATP? That remains to be seen.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

J-Will

Good stuff!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

AnotherGreenFusion

Completed the full review with pics: http://www.fusionspec.net/articles.html/product-reviews/cp-e-fmic/

So far it's very similar to the levels, we will see where he is at once he gets to 23-25psi.

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

ZSHO

Quote from: AnotherGreenFusion on August 05, 2016, 10:13:45 PM
Completed the full review with pics: http://www.fusionspec.net/articles.html/product-reviews/cp-e-fmic/

So far it's very similar to the levels, we will see where he is at once he gets to 23-25psi.

Awesome to say the least.....great writeup/article.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Looks great. I would do terrible things to have one for the SHO. Here in AZ, that would probably be my first mod before anything else
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

AnotherGreenFusion

CP-E might be interested if enough SHO's asked for parts and someone in Maryland was willing to be measured and test-fit. They are a full service shop.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

FearlessAZ

Complete opposite side of the country for me :( But if they are interested in some extreme heat testing, I am available to run one while it is still hot out here :)
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

FoMoCoSHO

I hate everyone that has an FMIC option, lol....

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

Do you have any info on reduction in pressure drop vs stock?

Anywhere we can decrease that will help make our tiny twins more efficient.