• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"The Silver Sleeper" Official Build Thread!

Started by thewrubelator, July 18, 2013, 10:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewrubelator

Hey yall, my name is Josh, newer to this forum, but have been on a couple other F150 Forums for a few years now (F150ecoboost.net, F150Forum.com).

So, as the title says, this is my build thread. So ill start off with introducing you to my truck, she is a 2012 F150 XLT 4x4 ECO, bought in April 2013 from Team Ford in Las Vegas, NV. I have put a whopping 2700 miles on her.
Here she is the first day home.

Now, for mods. My goal was to keep the truck looking as close to stock as possible, apart from minor things like a grille, tint, ect. So, my first mod was 5% tint on all the windows, along with a 5% brow on the windshield.

So after tint,I debadged the Ecoboost badges,  I installed a full LED interior and exterior lighting package. Which I highly recommend, its such a big difference. I also bought a set of Harley Taillights, I like the black outlines instead of chrome.
Then I did the front license plate delete, installed a Carbon Fiber Shorty Antennae, tinted the mirror reflectors and installed a pair of Rigid D2s in the lower valence.

SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

DJE624

thewrubelator

Now on to performance mods.
First thing I did for performance was installed a MBRP 4" Cat-Back. Which I love..

Following the Exhaust I got the Livernois MyCal tuner, along with an 87 tow,87 perf, 91 tow, 91 perf tunes. I was blown away at how big of a difference the tune made, I am really looking forward to getting the 91v10 tune when it is done.
After getting the tuner, i was addicted, i needed more power..My goal was made, i wanted a stock looking truck, that ran low 13s to high 12s. So, I ordered a Full-Race Motorsports CAC. Jeremy and Geoff over at FR are great guys to work with, they are very knowledgeable, and always seem to find an answer to a question you might have.
I installed the Intercooler, and uploaded the new tune from Anthony at Livernois, and man, what a difference it made. The turbos spooled quicker, and the truck just seemed to respond alot better. I was very happy with how high quality everything was.

After the Intercooler, I ordered an AFE Stage 2 Intake. Another very high quality product, very nice. It sounds great, and the Twin-Tube design really frees up the turbos, this too allowed for quicker spool time, especially downshifting while your passing, Throttle response is very quick.

I still needed more power, so I ordered a set of Offroad downpipes from MAK Performance. This things are awesome, let me tell ya. I absolutely love them. BUT, i HATE the sound of my exhaust anything above 3400RPM, below that sounds awesome, but above it sounds pretty bad lol. So, im revising my exhaust at the moment, i'm going to add a flow-thru resonator so i dont lose power, just want to tone it down a bit. If i still dont like it, i will be ordering a Full-Race 3'' resonated system. Here is a short vid of how it sounds.
http://youtu.be/HrvUudYu9P0
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

thewrubelator

Now, I am pretty much done with performance mods, except for a 170* TStat. I dont want to run meth yet, as i am driving cross country in january and dont want to have to deal with it. My latest mod was installing a Boost gauge. Now, i see all you fancy SHO fellas with your badass gauge cluster above your nav...us F150 guys dont have that luxury yet. The only pod offered to us is the Roush Vent pod, so that is what i went with. I love the look of the gauge, and the semi hidden location.

Now, my future plans for the truck are fairly simple. I am looking to get some Brushed Gunmetal FX4 18" wheels, for daily driving, and keep my current wheels for the track, i would like to put some drag radials on the 17s just for fun lol. Some other mods im planning on doing is ordering a GrillCraft Black Mesh grill for the front, Paint to match the front and rear bumpers, as well as the mirror caps, a fancy Tonneou cover, and Line-x the bed.

And thats all she wrote so far guys, i will continue to keep everybody updated on the truck. I plan on getting her Dynod in the next week or 2, im very curious to see the numbers.  :biggrin:
SILVER SLEEPER

thewrubelator

Quote from: DJE624 on July 18, 2013, 10:14:14 PM
Nice work.  I like the tail light mod.

Thanks man, ya, the Harley tails look sooo much better than the chrome, it really gives it some style.  8)
SILVER SLEEPER

SoCalSHO

Looks good so far, did you block your vent off with that gauge? In Vegas? Still like it though.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 18, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Looks good so far, did you block your vent off with that gauge? In Vegas? Still like it though.

the air flows around the gauge, it actually hardly took away any flow, the only thing is that you cant aim the vent, it just blows straight. Its pretty snazzyyy
SILVER SLEEPER

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

mval

rub:
love the work under the hood that you did, besides functional has great look. I go to a lot of shows & just started showing my SHO & wish I could jazz it up under the hood but not a lot to do except CAI. Your dual CAI is a real head turner.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Timeless

2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

thewrubelator

Thanks for the compliments fellas. I agree, AFE Did a great job on this intake!
SILVER SLEEPER

flubyu

Looks awesome, love a nice sleeper in the morning....;)
KONA   B
2011 F L E X Limited AWD
ECOBOOST
Lowered on H & R Springs
Tuned by TORRIE

thewrubelator

Just an update for everyone, mods have been slowing down, trying to save up to grab a set of the CalTrac Traction bars. But, I just ordered a set of Retro-fitted headlights for the truck from Yukes HID Retrofits. I have seen a couple other trucks with his lights and man are they awesome! I am going with the 2013 F150 Projector housings, painted black, with Silver/gunmetal accents inside the headlight (bowls & shrouds), with 5000k HIDS, same with the Fogs. So im really looking forward to seeing how they turn out!! :popcorn:

Another thing I am about to pull the trigger on, is getting a new 2013 OEM F150 Grille, getting the grill surround PTM and getting the inside bars of the grill painted either Tuxedo Black Metallic, or a Gunmetal. Also, getting my front and rear bumpers PTM is on the list.

I also am changing up my exhaust set up, I am thinking about going down to a  3" Full-Race Catback system with a resonator.

Got some big plans for the truck apperance wise...so stay tuned!  :beer:
SILVER SLEEPER

SHOdded

We'll need more pix, and now, audio clips too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

thewrubelator

Quote from: SHOdded on August 02, 2013, 05:21:07 AM
We'll need more pix, and now, audio clips too!

Definetely! I'll be keeping ya'll up to date!
SILVER SLEEPER