• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

tial wastegate for charge piping

Started by AJP turbo, July 30, 2016, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 31, 2016, 08:25:03 PM
Quote from: EcoPowerParts on July 31, 2016, 07:49:46 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on July 31, 2016, 07:32:35 PM
Yeah that may work too....but wastegates are meant to bleed alot of air and they are robust because they normally handle exhaust from the turbo amd meant to make alot of exhaust bypass the turbo to slow it down

Eco power parts you should make this and make it look pretty....its super functional
I'll get a mount and make you a pipe, you can test and prove it out and then I can offer it. Work?

Sure...you saw my pics?..i came off of the noise maker pipe...you talking about a pipe from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body that would have a vband so you can mount the wastegate?

I bought the tial mvs 38mm..its the most compact i think....really dont need a large gate
I sure did, easy peasy. I just need to weld up a pipe with a WG mount on it and send it to you.
Make sure everyone is fine with your work and then offer it as an option. Piece of cake as long as I can find an aluminum one which I'm not seeing :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

AJP turbo

Is steel tubing cheaper anyway?

Dont you use an aluminum v-band for the bov for your hot pipe kit?...i thought You mount your bov near the throttle body for the hot pipes?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

EcoPowerParts

I do, I don't know if it's the same size or not, I'd have to check. I wouldn't want to use steel tubing for my hot pipes :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

sholxgt

Loving this development! 

Can the hot pipe from just intercooler to throttle body with wastegage provision be an option?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

StealBlueSho

Wastegate ordered.. picking up tomrrow.. will stop by the local parts place for the "T", tubing, Pipe, sleeve on the way.... Thanks AJPTurbo!!!

StealBlueSho

What's the length on the pipe?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: sholxgt on July 31, 2016, 10:53:40 PM
Loving this development! 

Can the hot pipe from just intercooler to throttle body with wastegage provision be an option?
Yes it's called the noise maker eliminator pipe on my site, just need to try and secure a WG aluminum weldable mount
www.ecopowerparts.com -

StealBlueSho

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on August 01, 2016, 06:58:39 PM
Loving this development! 

Yes it's called the noise maker eliminator pipe on my site, just need to try and secure a WG aluminum weldable mount
So the tial comes with a v clamp flange, it suppose to come with two... I am picking it up tomorrow, if you want, I can send you one of the flanges to model after?

AJP turbo

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 01, 2016, 07:01:54 PM
Loving this development! 

So the tial comes with a v clamp flange, it suppose to come with two... I am picking it up tomorrow, if you want, I can send you one of the flanges to model after?

Problem is the ones that come with the wastegate are steel...eco power parts uses an aluminum pipe, thats why i mentioned just using a steel inlet tube to theottle body

Mike why dont you like the steel?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: AJP turbo on August 01, 2016, 07:24:03 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 01, 2016, 07:01:54 PM
Loving this development! 

Problem is the ones that come with the wastegate are steel...eco power parts uses an aluminum pipe, thats why i mentioned just using a steel inlet tube to theottle body

Mike why dont you like the steel?
If you want it done in stainless I can do it, not as pretty but also $150 MORE just for that one pipe so figure around $700 with WG and pipe. Not worth it.
I can have my machine shop guy copy the mount but would need to be in quantity and I would need to have at least 10 people willing to commit to the pipe/WG setup to make it worth the while.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

StealBlueSho

Installed today... Preliminary datalogging looks promising! Will update after tune is loaded :-)

sholxgt

Quote from: StealBlueSho on August 02, 2016, 07:12:09 PM
Installed today... Preliminary datalogging looks promising! Will update after tune is loaded :-)

Props for speediness!  My plans usually take weeks to complete.  Heck you've done like 35 data logs and I haven't managed one since tuning my car.  Thanks for reporting your findings.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

StealBlueSho

Yea... When I see something that makes sense and would solve a problem I have...then I don't mess around...

Plus I get to work from home...so it makes it easier to get stuff done....

Datalogging only takes a minute.. I used the sctx4 handheld.. so when in out... I have a straight away I get a log :-)

StealBlueSho

With AJPTurbo's wastegate modificatin...here are a couple datalogs..

No-WG: Obviously without the wastegate installed, using the throttle to control boost spikes. This is running around 14.3PSI.. notice the dips in fuel pressure and the boost spikes.

WG: With the wastegate installed, open throttle throughout the pull. This is running a bit more boost at 14.9 psi. Notice the fuel pressure only dips about 150psi in first gear and then holds full pressure throughout... and the boost spikes are very minimal and flat.

From an a$$ dyno perspective the wastegate setup completely blows using the throttle to control it out of the water.

Thanks to AJPTurbo for working with me on this!!! And providing the idea!!!