• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

*Erased*

Started by Zalvern, July 28, 2016, 11:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOT_ROCKET

Oh, well that's just GREAT! Now I have ANOTHER product to tempt me out of my money...
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 25, 2016, 07:41:27 AM
^^^ LOL!!!
-MANU what did you apply on your Edge?.. cause it sure looked like it was gleaming in person my friend,probably the best well maintained Edge out there IMHO.  Z   :thumb:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Sad to say, I have been lax and not really applied anything in some time.  Last time, it went through an auto car wash with a final coat of Simoniz wax.  Regularly maintained with natural rainwater since then, LOL.  I have some Collinite 845 that I think is about time I used on the Edge though, with winter coming!  Will try to coat the wheels, but getting them cleaned up without taking them offcar will take time.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BizzyGeek

I tried to quote Crystal Serum here in Denver, found only one certified dealer and they want $1,350 to do it plus  $300 to top it with EXO (CS Black). It looks good and all, but damn. I might just have to find someone who can do Opticoat Pro+ for a reasonable rate instead.

Zalvern, have you gotten a legit 0-60 time on your 3.0t? I'd love to know what it runs.  I'm at altitude so I haven't even bothered.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

BOT_ROCKET

So it looks like there is only one local shop that advertises ceramic paint protection, and they use cquartz. You mentioned that your shop reserves that for garage queens. Is there a reason for that? Is cquarts acceptable for a dd?
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on September 26, 2016, 12:04:09 AM
So it looks like there is only one local shop that advertises ceramic paint protection, and they use cquartz. You mentioned that your shop reserves that for garage queens. Is there a reason for that? Is cquarts acceptable for a dd?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4515.0.html

SHOdded

BizzyGeek

Quote from: Zalvern on September 26, 2016, 11:40:25 AM
Quote from: BizzyGeek on September 25, 2016, 10:48:47 PM
I tried to quote Crystal Serum here in Denver, found only one certified dealer and they want $1,350 to do it plus  $300 to top it with EXO (CS Black). It looks good and all, but damn. I might just have to find someone who can do Opticoat Pro+ for a reasonable rate instead.

Zalvern, have you gotten a legit 0-60 time on your 3.0t? I'd love to know what it runs.  I'm at altitude so I haven't even bothered.

Sometimes you gotta shop around for detailers. Though my shop in Cincy Ohio area gave me a discount for bundling Crystal Serum with Suntek Clear Bra. The clear bra was more expensive with how much I got wrapped.

As for 0 to 60, I haven't done a legit test yet. But it feels to be around 4.5 second range. I definitely whoop 2015+ stock 5.0L stangs even if they weigh less and bit more HP cause of turbo and AWD advantage.

Though I am using pilot super sports and BND fluids for an additional performance edge.

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on September 26, 2016, 12:04:09 AM

As my detailer suggested as to why they suggest the CQuartz on the garage queen or weekend warrior:

Mostly because its less in warranty and Crystal Serum is tougher for all the things a daily driver goes through. Less swirl marks and such after having to wash compared to CQuartz. Serum also better for the car that deals with winter salt and sits outside.

CQuartz lasts better being garage kept and less exposed to things like UV rays and bad weather in general. It'll need touch up sooner than Serum will.

Also good to combine either one with CarPro Hydro2 for super hydrophobic effect against water.
@ SHOdded, sorry for lack of bio.  I'm waiting to take some good pics. I'm driving a magnetic gray 2017 MKZ 3.0t awd, almost fully loaded.  No mods yet. I've only had it a few weeks. No Black Label for me, because I can't use the inflatable seatbelts with my kids' car seats.

Thanks Zalvern. Sorry about your Bengals  8) 

I'm not switching out my Primacy because I haven't decided if I'm going to get 18"s with snow tires yet for the winter months.  The weather here is so inconsistent that I would end up driving them on dry pavement a lot. 

I do wish the drivers package came with upgraded brakes instead of just painted calipers. You've put the car through more than I have. Have you investigated upgrading the rotors and pads?

What fluids did you change out for exactly? Thanks.

BG

Gjkrisa

Wtf were they texting and driving?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

Glad you were paying attention.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: Zalvern on September 26, 2016, 08:51:35 PM
Well...Zeo almost got killed, and I would of been hurting in multiple ways thanks to this daily driving moment.

Another Day...Another Bad Driver

Right in front of the dealership I took delivery from too. Thankfully such a cruel fate was avoided.

I would have to clean out my pants after that. So glad you got out of that one smoothly!
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

Great save, and glad you & ZEO escaped unscathed!  Wow, that'd be SCARY!

BizzyGeek

Jeez. Glad you're okay. What dash cam are you using? I'm thinking about getting one.

BizzyGeek

Quote from: Zalvern on September 26, 2016, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: BizzyGeek on September 26, 2016, 12:29:03 PM

Thanks Zalvern. Sorry about your Bengals  8) 

I'm not switching out my Primacy because I haven't decided if I'm going to get 18"s with snow tires yet for the winter months.  The weather here is so inconsistent that I would end up driving them on dry pavement a lot. 

I do wish the drivers package came with upgraded brakes instead of just painted calipers. You've put the car through more than I have. Have you investigated upgrading the rotors and pads?

What fluids did you change out for exactly? Thanks.

BG

Lol, I am no way devoted to the Bengals. So no worries there, hahaha.

I feel ya about inconsistent temps. Honestly I'm sticking with Summer/All Season combo, which I'll use the stock all seasons when its too cold for summers. Winters are nice if stuck in areas with deep snow and poor road cleaning.

I'm personally fine with the stock pads and rotors for now. Plus I like how the rotors never get that nasty rust look after a car sits in the rain. I use the shifters more often (paddle extensions help make them more favorable) and thus engine brake a lot more before needing to hit the brakes. Only thing I'll change is the brake fluid to QuantumBlue.

As for fluids, I'm using all of BND Automotives QuantumBlue good stuff. Motor Oil, Coolant, Transmission, and ACES IV for fuel. Just neex to swap in Brake Fluid, PTU, and RDU fluids to complete. It's simply better than OEM or many aftermarket custom fluid that keeps warranty in tact. Best part: its performance you can feel and much longer life. I wager it equal to a tune in terms of improving a car.

Aiming to bring back a Hot Rod Lincoln!
I'm not 100℅ but I think ACES IV is in fact against the terms of warranty. What of the other fluids do you feel are giving you a big performance bump? I'm pretty ignorant about this stuff but I'm trying to learn  :D