• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Brake Pedal feel?

Started by m3dragon, July 21, 2016, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m3dragon

I just installed the power slot rotors and pads. Pads offer full rotor contact compared to the oe pads which I was surprised are segmented. Explains why i felt the car was lacking brakes even with the PP option.

I also installed stainless lines. However the brake pedal still feels soft to me. I am used to German brakes so it could just be something I have to accept.

Stopping wise with brakes and lines are WAYYYY better. What should have been from factory.

ZSHO

What year SHO do you have? Please setup your signature with your vehicle and a current list of mods you may have.....Did you perform a brake system flush?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

m3dragon

2013 Performance Package.

It always had the soft feel. I am used to a firmer feel from start to end. Been in BMWs a long time so this is what I am used to. The brakes work just wish was firmer. Just making sure I don't have a issue.

I will update sig later and post images of the car with new rims, brakes and springs.

SHOdded

x2 on the brake fluid (what did you use?).  Is the pedal feel harder though with the SS lines installed?  What brand are they btw, Goodridge, or ...?  And you are sure there's no air in the system?

The pedal feel was VERY firm (and responsive) on my 95 SHO when I upgraded to the Baer Claw pkg with Performance Friction semi-metallics.  May have had SS lines on it tho, can't recall.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

m3dragon

I installed the goodrich ones. Only ones I could find.

Sounds like I need to take it to Ford UG. Under warranty so will do that. The initial travel is soft which where I have my complaint. once you get into the stroke it firms up.

Pad and brakes or the power stop ones. As I noted on a different thread, the pads on the kit use the whole area VS two spots. So you have more contact area.

SHOdded

May be a configuration setting in the PCM you can ask about.  Otherwise you may be looking at changing out the fluid to one with higher performance specs.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

m3dragon

PCM? Is that Ford only or can a local tire shop do it possibly? Fluid obviously.

SHOdded

PCM = Powertrain Control Module, the heart of the SHO.  Any shop with IDS can look into and possibly change brake configuration.  Most dealers won't know how to do it probably, they are not much on customizing stuff like this.  If a PID (process ID) exists for brake pedal position/effort, it might be open to customization.  Tuners like Unleashed and Livernois are most likely to have this info.

m3dragon

I am installing leasing edge soon.

SHOdded

You are talking with Erick?

m3dragon

StealBlueSho

Quote from: m3dragon on July 21, 2016, 01:25:45 PM
I just installed the power slot rotors and pads. Pads offer full rotor contact compared to the oe pads which I was surprised are segmented. Explains why i felt the car was lacking brakes even with the PP option.

I also installed stainless lines. However the brake pedal still feels soft to me. I am used to German brakes so it could just be something I have to accept.

Stopping wise with brakes and lines are WAYYYY better. What should have been from factory.
Used be an issue bleeding breaking getting all the air out of the system due to ABS... I know some of the ABS systems need to be opened up to allow all the air to get out.. otherwise the pedal will feel soft..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk