• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Gateway motorsports park July 20th

Started by J_C, July 19, 2016, 11:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_C

As long as it doesn't rain I plan to make some passes during tomorrow's test & tune. The weather isn't exactly ideal (95degrees and humid) but should be fun regardless. Is anyone else here in the STL area planning to run?
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

Scott4957

Awesome, let me know how it goes, that tune looks good! I would love to go but I am saving her virginity for cool dense air LOL. Ahhh...who am i kidding, she will have to wear a black dress to the track.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

J_C

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 19, 2016, 02:10:08 PM
Awesome, let me know how it goes, that tune looks good! I would love to go but I am saving her virginity for cool dense air LOL. Ahhh...who am i kidding, she will have to wear a black dress to the track.

I'll be sure to let you know. I've actually replaced that tune with a revision from the log i sent to you and Torrie. This one seems just as strong possible stronger which is saying a lot considering the temps we've had. I totally understand about waiting for better air but I'm getting inpatient..lol.  I'll have an idea after tomorrow how it performs in poor conditions and realize it will only improve as it cools throughout the season. I would love to see your car run once the weather cools off!
2013 Taurus SHO performance pack: H&R's, Aem drop in filter, Torrie e30 tune, 3 bar map, 170 t-stat,  Unleashed catless downpipes, Vibrant resonators, 4" rolled tips

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

Scott4957

Yeah, I want to see it run but I don't. I wish the track had grudge racing, tree and win light only. I'll probably be that guy that stays in it until the 1/8th and then lets out a bit to see who he can get to bite LOL. Still working on a local guy with a cammed coyote on slicks and shinnies that ran a best of 12.1 at the track. He has no idea how fast I am, I'm trying to get him to give up a huge spot for some cash since he is always running his mouth and wanting to race people. He got real quiet when I tried to get him to give up a spot to a 4600# lux sedan for ca$h and just wanted to run for "fun". I can't think of anything more fun! haha Let us know how she does!

J_C

A grudge match without times would be pretty fun actually! Those coyote's can be pretty badass with just a few bolt ons. If he's cammed running low 12's on slicks sounds like his driving needs more work. It would be awesome to put him in his place with your Lincoln..lol

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

Brucelinc

Quote from: J_C on July 19, 2016, 11:51:15 AM
As long as it doesn't rain I plan to make some passes during tomorrow's test & tune. The weather isn't exactly ideal (95degrees and humid) but should be fun regardless. Is anyone else here in the STL area planning to run?

Looking forward to results!  I am dying to get back to the track myself but rain and other commitments have gotten in the way recently. 

Scott, until you get a timeslip, even you really do not know how fast your car is.   I like to run in ideal conditions, too, but those conditions are few and far between in our Midwestern climate.   

Scott4957

Yeah the weather is a bit crazy out here right now, hope it clears up so he can go. You are right Bruce, I won't know till I go. I also need to finish my Meth tune, not done yet. My plan is to head down to a small 1/8th mile track. I don't need a 1/4 mile slip to know where she sits if I run it in the 1/8th.

mval

would love to, some ford friends did last weekend ford fest, but too old to do that during the week & go to work the next morning, besides, i'm carrying heavier show wheels with just a medium tune. usually they have a show at the ford weekend @ gateway that i attend but they had a semi show at 3pm. didn't go too busy over at roberts ford in alton's ford show that drew 175 cars, but only 1 SHO/mks
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

J_C

Well I finally was able to make some passes in the SHO and performed well considering the conditions. There wasn't much of a crowd last night so I was able to get 6 passes all which were either a 12.8 or a few 12.9's. Once the weather cools I would like to see how much more it picks up because it was over 90 degrees and very humid. I'm hoping maybe 12.5-12.6's?

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J_C

Quote from: SHOdded on July 21, 2016, 07:24:22 AM
A couple of tenths would be possible in better conditions if the difference is like 3000 in DA.
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php?track=42&month=7&day=20&year=2016&getweather=Get+Weather+Data

Here's my best slip from last night. According to the link you posted the da was just under 3000 whenever I ran so less than ideal

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

Scott4957

I think those are great results, and you are not even done with your tune yet!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Brucelinc

I agree a 12.8 in those conditions is very good.   Based on my limited experience with running different DAs, I think you will pick up  .15 to .2 in better air.   

J_C

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 21, 2016, 09:12:30 AM

Thanks man! Once it cools off and get my tune fully dialed in it should get interesting. I'm still considering an e30 tune but may just push the 93 tune as hard as it will take. The best thing about last night is the fact I beat a newer Cadillac ctsv and new Mustang with full exhaust and tune!..lol.. Both guys were cool as hell about it and we talked quite a bit in between passes

12.172 @ 113.06 mph

Scott4957

Quote from: J_C on July 21, 2016, 10:38:53 AM
Quote from: Scott4957 on July 21, 2016, 09:12:30 AM

Thanks man! Once it cools off and get my tune fully dialed in it should get interesting. I'm still considering an e30 tune but may just push the 93 tune as hard as it will take. The best thing about last night is the fact I beat a newer Cadillac ctsv and new Mustang with full exhaust and tune!..lol.. Both guys were cool as hell about it and we talked quite a bit in between passes
Yeah, no one can seem to drive either car. I watched a local guy run 13s in a ctsv all night then setup a race with him on the street the next week in my speed3. Everyone thought it was a joke until he got beat. Obviously some cars are more difficult to drive than others.