• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Downpipe Install Time

Started by 97novi2k, July 17, 2016, 10:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

97novi2k

Just curious as to how long it actually takes to install downpipes? Looking at gettin some LMS downpipes in the next week or so as I have their tune and I live 10 miles from them.

I have a bad back so debating if I want to do this myself or not
2014 Non-PP SHO Dark Side Metallic - LMS V10, PPE Downpipes, Windstorm CAI, 160 tstat, colder plugs

FoMoCoSHO

It took a Ford tech 2 hours to do mine.

SHOdded

Can be done on jackstands, best done on a lift.  Be prepared with plenty of PB Blaster to loosen up the bolts/studs first, they are usually pretty difficult otherwise.  And be careful with the oxygen sensors in the process.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

If you have a bad back it will certainly be a pain in the neck....SHOdded and FoMoCoSHO are Spot On.....extra pb blaster and certainly don't want to twist those fragile 02 sensor wires and cause another issue to arise.... took me less than two hrs the second time around....does your State require Emissions testing?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

97novi2k

I live in Michigan so no emissions here. My back isn't the worst but could get bad on 2-4 hours so we will see. I don't have access to a lift unfortunately. Doesn't seem very hard to do.

Thanks for all the feedback
2014 Non-PP SHO Dark Side Metallic - LMS V10, PPE Downpipes, Windstorm CAI, 160 tstat, colder plugs

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: SHOdded on July 17, 2016, 12:03:07 PM
Can be done on jackstands, best done on a lift.  Be prepared with plenty of PB Blaster to loosen up the bolts/studs first, they are usually pretty difficult otherwise.  And be careful with the oxygen sensors in the process.

Got caught on the O2's; used an older O2 3/8 drive socket. O2 sockets are not tall enough for these sensors. make sure to either use a box wrench or get the O2 sensor wrench instead of a socket. I did ok with my socket but I screwed up the sleeves on the wires. So far I am ok but would not be surprised if I end up replacing them later.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

ZSHO

I would start by doing the (Drivers side ) first which is the hardest and shortest DP between the TWO....need to make sure that you are only removing the bolts and NOT the Studs all together and that's where the pb blaster comes into play as mentioned above and patients is the key.... BTW IMHO having a lift is the way to go unless you want to spend half the day on your backside if everything goes according to plans.  Z   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|