• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

24's on Lincoln MKT

Started by akakooper, July 15, 2016, 07:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gray Brick

2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

TSS

I too was thinking, OH NO..... But like everyone else has said, that looks good. I suppose we need to remind ourselves that it had twenties stock. It's not like you took a car with 16s and tried to put 24s on it......
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

sholxgt

I agree TSS.  To take it further, he also has the largest vehicle built on our platform.  The MKT is fairly large.  I'd say it carries those 24's pretty well!  I'm conservative and probably would have stuck with 20's, but those 24's look pretty darn good. 

Wonder if there's still room to lower it on those hoops?
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Brucelinc

If those were on an SHO or MKS, I would have to do as my Mom always said:  "Bruce, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

On an MKT, 24s are OK I guess.....  :)

akakooper

Thanks for all the compliments!  Means a lot coming from everyone on this board. The diameter change with my set up is about 2.8% larger than stock. Lowering should be possible. If anything I would prefer to bring the rear down just a little.  Maybe .75" to level things. Tons of room in the rear, front is pretty tight. Top of the front tire is very close to the strut. 

I think I would rather get the tune from livernois which can be programmed to the increase in diameter.

The ride is surprisingly good. The wife said she can't really tell. Now if I hit a pot hole or curb, it's a little jarring. All to be expected.
2011 Black Lincoln MKT Ecoboost.  R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, H&R Springs, 22x9 Verde Parallax Wheels, 265/35r22 pirelli scorpion asimmetrico, painted calipers.  Gone are the 24s!! 

2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan 4.6l on 22"s

SHOdded

Definitely, the nice thing about any tune is it can adjust the tire height so the PCM knows what it needs to know :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ryan02Stang

2015 Explorer Sport
2012 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, Unleashed
2002 Mustang GT, Vortech Supercharged

ttaylor888

Do you have any updated pictures of the Lincoln MKT on 24s or a video?

SM105K

Quote from: ttaylor888 on August 03, 2020, 04:45:41 PM
Do you have any updated pictures of the Lincoln MKT on 24s or a video?

On the first page of this thread, there are numerous pics of the car on 24's.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |