• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU Fluid Change Shops in Detroit Area

Started by 97novi2k, July 11, 2016, 05:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Great to hear!  Not sure why it is, but it seems that Lincoln dealers are often the solution.

My wife works at a small Lincoln dealer and I will say that, in my experience, they don't turn down any service work.  I have even seen armored SWAT vehicles in there for service.  Last one was a beast built on a 450 chassis.  Yes, I sat in it and acted like a little kid sitting on a garden tractor at Lowe's.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

LOL at sholxgt!

Lincoln dealers are generally great places to go.  Either they have more experienced staff, or their mindset towards the customer is different.  Either way, nice to get a clean bill of health!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on July 25, 2016, 02:03:03 PM
or their mindset towards the customer is different. 

I think that last one is the key.  Lincoln corporate visits the dealers often and they have many functions outside of the dealership.  All with the goal of making sure that everyone at the dealership provide "The Lincoln Experience."  In short, I think they are all held to a fairly high standard in order to keep their franchise license and are not likely to tell a customer "no."

Just don't plan on using a Lincoln dealer to save money.  Best bet for saving money if the repair/maintenance is on you is to find a Ford dealer with a Quick Lane Center.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

97novi2k

Yeah this dealer was super friendly and really customer oriented. It wasn't cheap but was worth it, glad to hear no metal or sludge.

I asked before it went to the back to see the oil so I could post up pictures but the tech forgot, he even came out and apologized that there was a note on there, no biggie just wanted to post up here for everyone but I guess next time.

Would love to sit in the SWAT truck
2014 Non-PP SHO Dark Side Metallic - LMS V10, PPE Downpipes, Windstorm CAI, 160 tstat, colder plugs