• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Engine Woes on '10 Lincoln MKT 3.5

Started by zstring, July 07, 2016, 04:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zstring

🎶🎶"Music is the space between the notes" 🎶🎶

zstring

hold up... now i'm feeling REAL noobish... am i looking in the right place?

Fuel rail IS under the IM right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zstring

nvm... i feel dumb... forgot a coolant line

SHOdded

Are you doing fuel injectors, then?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

Quote from: SHOdded on July 12, 2016, 05:19:41 PM
Are you doing fuel injectors, then?

Wow... if i told you what i had to go through the past few months... my MKT has been off the road since we last spoke.

I had to buy a GDI puller kit... check the injectors... buy 2 new injectors... get the money and then find the injectors. It was a PITA!!!! Not to mention ALL of the other life issues i was dealing with at the time!

but i finally got them.

Now i am in the process of putting them back in... btw... i bought an O-Ring Kit... only to find out that it only had parts for 4 injectors... but luckily, the injectors i bought had rings and seals installed. Gonna have to reuse 2 old clips... oh well!

zstring

i know that i saw replacement instructions on here somewhere... does anyone have a link to it?

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

zstring

zstring

Quote from: SHOdded on September 14, 2016, 02:18:44 PM
You mean this?
So... question... HOW important is it to torque to specs? Do i need to buy a torque wrench? lol

SHOdded

On a fuel system, I'd say it's a requirement, not an IF.  Torque wrenches from Harbor Freight work well enough to get by, and not expensive at all.

zstring

so... overall update.... over a year later! Replaced the injectors... helped A BUNCH... (at least i can drive it now!) Still have p0020 (ended up replacing it, but code came BACK up) and p0150. Now, I'm working on that

SHOdded

Better late than never!  P0150?  First time I have seen that code mentioned.  Will have to research.