• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

This sees like a good deal on the V12's

Started by Scott4957, July 11, 2016, 09:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

slurppie

Not bad but how do these compare to the F1 Supercars ( which are currently $149.95 on TireRack)?

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

FYI that's the going rate for the EVO'S across the board...even the rebate expired,you can definitely find similar deals at Discount tire with free shipping and rebate.    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresByVehicleAndSize.do&fl=&yr=2013&pc=19905&counter=0&ar=45&rd=20&vid=022581&cs=245       Tire rack       https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2&partnum=445YR0K120XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Taurus&autoModClar=SHO            They are certainly great tires to say the least and have sponsored them for quite sometime now.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

slurppie

Thanks. I only average 10k Miles per set so going with something more expensive is just a waste of money.

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

Scott4957

I guess it is about the going rate. Buying them from Walmart you get the best price on install and free rotation etc. Not sure how thrilled I am about them doing the install, but it would be over $200 less than a local tire shop quoted me.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

ZSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on July 11, 2016, 10:58:05 PM
I guess it is about the going rate. Buying them from Walmart you get the best price on install and free rotation etc. Not sure how thrilled I am about them doing the install, but it would be over $200 less than a local tire shop quoted me.
At the end of the day it boils down to a few dollars if you consider tax,fees,install and etc,not going to dispute over a few bucks and best of luck to ya .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

sholxgt

I suggest checking the model number just to make sure that they aren't a V12 made for Walmart.  With many products, the big box stores have them made to their specifications (never better) so they can buy them for less.

I once bought Goodyear Eagle GT+4's for my '89 SHO from Sears.  Roughly 7 Interstate speed blow outs later, Sears bought the tires back from me.  I took the money to Tire Kingdom and bought the exact same tires (with a different model number) and never had a problem again.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106