• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Exhausting question...

Started by loubif, June 29, 2016, 03:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loubif

I have been listening to a number of sound clips of the new Ford GT with the 3.5 ecoboost engine and it seems to have a supercar exhaust note rather than the muscle car exhaust note that is commonly found for aftermarket SHO exhaust options, I know that this is a rear engine car with a totally different exhaust set up but I have noticed that the Nissan GTR has a very similar sound as the Ford GT and has a more conventional exhaust set up that seems similar to the SHO exhaust system, could the majority of the different sound be due to the single mid pipe going from the down pipe all the way back to the muffler system whereas the SHO has a dual exhaust configuration? Please don't flame me for "trying to make the SHO sound ricey" but I really like the sound of the Ford GT supercar exhaust note and think it would be awesome if that same sound was coming form the rear of a SHO. What do you guys think???

glock-coma

Someone recently tried a 3 inch single exhaust, I think it's actually for sale. Try to do a search here and I bet you'll find it quickly.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

loubif

SVTCruz

I wanted a similar sound to the GTR as well. I ended up doing something similar to the above set up. I plan on removing the resonator soon. It's a little too quite for my taste. But it definitely has that gtr/g35 sound to it

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SVTCruz on June 29, 2016, 04:57:40 PM
I wanted a similar sound to the GTR as well. I ended up doing something similar to the above set up. I plan on removing the resonator soon. It's a little too quite for my taste. But it definitely has that gtr/g35 sound to it
do you happen to have a sound clip?

What size did you use for the 2-1 transition?

Sabtaj1

Well.  Cold start eco flex.  Stainless works non cat downpipes with MRT axle back. I still have the 3rd cat and muffler under the the car. Debating on pulling it to see what it sounds like after.  Think this set up is getting close to the GT but needs more whistle. Lol

https://youtu.be/hrp5f-98E1c
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

VegasClubGuy

Quote from: Sabtaj1 on June 29, 2016, 06:52:31 PM
Well.  Cold start eco flex.  Stainless works non cat downpipes with MRT axle back. I still have the 3rd cat and muffler under the the car. Debating on pulling it to see what it sounds like after.  Think this set up is getting close to the GT but needs more whistle. Lol

https://youtu.be/hrp5f-98E1c

damn good sound there!
If you're coming to Vegas and need some nightlife hook ups, I'm your man

SVTCruz

do you happen to have a sound clip?

What size did you use for the 2-1 transition?
[/quote]

Unfortuantly I do not have a sound clip, but I set my exhaust up exactly like the video below. Only difference is that he has a catless DP and I still have the stock DP. I used a 2.5 to 3 inch transition pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U2oYtP51fg&list=WL&index=3