• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MIL Flashing, P0087, P0301, rough idle, hesitation, fuel smell.

Started by Deebeaux, June 20, 2016, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hey deebeaux do you know where you saw fomocosho's gauge set up?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Deebeaux

Gjkrisa,

Sure do. Check out this thread. There's a few shots of what he's accomplished with the  OBDLink software. You'll need an OBDLink MX to use this software, or you can get same functionality with another ELM327 interface using OBD Fusion, but you have to pay for the software. OBDLink is free if you have an OBDLink MX interface.

I just got my OBDLink MX today (2 days early!) and I am loving it. It's SO MUCH FASTER than my generic interface. Highly recommended.

Quote from: Gjkrisa on July 11, 2016, 07:01:52 PM
Hey deebeaux do you know where you saw fomocosho's gauge set up?

2020 Tesla Model S Performance FSD
[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

Gjkrisa

Cool thanks I got the mx

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

FoMoCoSHO

One of the things I have been unsuccessful with is exporting out of Torque and OBDLink. I think I may have figured out how to export in OBDLink but haven't been able to see if it works.

I can export in Torque but when someone tried to use my config file Torque blew it up. I've heard that may be fixed now.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Do you still have the videos, Deebeaux, can you post them up?  It would be really helpful, as members are showing interest in DIY'ing the FI replacements.  TIA!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Deebeaux

I do have them. I will get them posted as soon as feasible, I promise. My house flooded back in May and slightly again (with no damage since it was already torn apart) back in August and we're in the middle of all the repairs. Also couple that with my iPhone 6 Plus succumbed to the "touch disease" around a month or so ago and I just got it replaced with a new one. I'll get the videos arranged/uploaded as soon as I can. We're working on my home office this week so hopefully that'll be soon.

Quote from: SHOdded on September 25, 2016, 12:47:23 AM
Do you still have the videos, Deebeaux, can you post them up?  It would be really helpful, as members are showing interest in DIY'ing the FI replacements.  TIA!
[SOLD!] 2014 Tuxedo nonPP | 401A, driver assist, nav, multi-contoured seat | AEM drop-in, Unleashed 3bar 93 tune

SHOdded

:o  Sorry to hear about the flood, Deebeaux, that's a lousy turn of events!  I hope insurance covered most if not all of it?  5 months and still seeking sanity, that is QUITE a wallop :(

Deebeaux

Yeah, it's mostly an insurance deal, not really out much money from pocket, but out some time and sanity. We're doing a lot of the work ourselves to save some money and make some improvements, so at least in the end things will be better, but it's been quite the project. TBH the flood itself wasn't too bad, we didn't really lose much "stuff" just damage to drywall and what not. We were there when it happened and were able to get everything important up off the ground. The VW got water in it, but looks like seats and carpet are the only casualties there, everything else is working 100%. Rest of the cars were fine.

Quote from: SHOdded on October 04, 2016, 03:14:42 PM
:o  Sorry to hear about the flood, Deebeaux, that's a lousy turn of events!  I hope insurance covered most if not all of it?  5 months and still seeking sanity, that is QUITE a wallop :(

SHOdded

Deebeaux

Sorry for the long delay (and reviving the old thread) in getting this together, but as promised, here's the info I collected on doing the fuel injector swap on my '14 SHO. I posted here as I wanted to make sure anyone following this got the update. Attached to this post is a zip file of PDFs I made of the Ford service manual for the relevant sections pertaining to the swap. (I hope that's okay.) I didn't include some of the more obvious ones, like how to disconnect the negative battery terminal.

Here's a link to a YouTube playlist to accompany the PDFs that just interject some notes and tips I have for folks doing the job. I want to be clear the videos are not a step-by-step how to series. I followed the PDFs and just made videos about things I encountered during that path which I felt might need a little clarification or a quick tip. When making these videos I assumed viewers would have some mechanical ability, but not necessarily be masters at the craft. I do interject some opinion in the videos, which may or may not be right, so take that as you will.

I want to note I didn't do exactly what Ford says to do, but it came out alright. Your mileage may vary. No warranties expressed or implied. Do at your own risk. Etc...

I hope this helps someone as I'm sure doing this myself saved me a boat load of money. The car is still running strong and on an Unleashed 3bar tune now with a catch can. Haven't had any issues since the injector swap, so apparently whatever I did was good enough. LOL.

I apologize for the amateur nature of the videos, but it's the best I could do by myself with an iPhone and within my time constraints. I wish I would have had more time to edit them all into one video for everyone. The playlist and all the videos are unlisted as I'd prefer everyone who finds the videos finds them through EBPF and this post as it would prime them for the task vs. just stumbling across them on the Internet.

SHOdded

Appreciate the followup, Deebeaux, hope this means your SHO is running well, and that your home has also recovered from the floods.  We will be sure to give all the credit to the iPhone for the informative videos :P

14money24sho

BIG thanks to Deebeaux for posting this!
Had one injector stick open, #5. Missing and Pouring out Smoke.
I decided that since I was going to be in their anyway, to replace all 6.

With his Video's and The manual Instructions, I was able to replace the injectors in my Wife's 2010 SHO.
No special tools needed, though the remote clamp release was a big help.
I wasn't able to remove the Intake manifold without removing the Thermostat and housing.
That was no big deal tho.
I didn't order the O ring/bolt/tie wrap kit. Expensive and Don't think it is needed.
The new injectors come with O rings installed.
Bolts and clips can be re-used. Bolts have minimal torque, Just put a little fresh Locktite on them.
You will need new tie wraps, but any will do.
You could probably re-use the intake gaskets, but they are pretty cheap.

Thanks again!

Brian
2010 Cinnamon SHO

SHOdded