• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Steering Wheel Mod

Started by DJE624, July 16, 2013, 02:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Check out this baby!  Just got it a few minutes ago.  Couldn't wait to SHO it off.  I got it from the guy that did my wheel hubs and it is perfect!

bpd1151

It certainly does look perfect.

Very nicely done!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SoCalSHO

Nice job. Glad you were able to find somebody good to do that.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SHOdded

Very nice!  Design, check.  Durability, up next :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

mval

dave:
from another decal crazy guy, looks real good
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

DJE624

Thanks!  That is actually a domed gel type.  It's deep (3D) and looks like a real emblem.  I measured to leave the chrome ring around it.  It tappers down around the edge to meet the ring.  I am sure it will last for years and years.

mjhpadi

Yeah, like Mike said, it looks perfect...took me a minute before realizing that it originally was the Ford logo in the steering wheel, not SHO...sharp!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Hold everything! I just discovered that in bright light, there is a blue ring visible around the outside of the chrome ring.  I am going to talk to my guy.  I'll see if he can make the emblem to totally fill, edge to edge, the indentation and put a ring around the emblem.  I think I will just do silver lettering and ring.  We'll see what he says.  I will measure and email him tonight.

geswek

HOly bat cakes.

I don't know who is worse -- you or bpd.

Someone call the Vinyl POLICe.

DJE624

Just trying to iron out the kinks so if anybody in the future wants to do it they will have smooth sailing. ;D

BTW, I sure don't mind being compared to BPD.   ;D ;D

Urgent message to Lord Tubby Ton!   Stop copying all of Mike's mods.   ;D ;D ;D

geswek

Eh, he did the work -- works for me.

Plus, I wasn't first to put Nuburgs on; someone already beat me to it besides Mike.

DJE624

I just gave you a thank you because I know you don't like them. :beer:

adelsin

Thinking I should do a full boba fett theme.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk 2

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.