• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

WARNING - Multiple Small forums hacked, passwords compromised

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, June 15, 2016, 01:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherGreenFusion

Heads up to everyone that multiple small car and other forums have been hacked for their login info over the last week. There may be nothing wrong here but I know many of us use multiple forums. Best bet is to make sure NONE of your banking, finance or other critical accounts share a password or username with your forum account.

If you login to a forum using your Facebook, Google, Microsoft or other login then you should be safe as the forum never had your real password.

http://jalopnik.com/45-million-accounts-hacked-at-some-of-the-biggest-car-f-1782030203?rev=1466004368979&utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

http://www.verticalscope.com/automotive/site-list.html

Spread the word.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

EcoPowerParts

I spent last Sat changing all of my financial passwords after another major site was hacked. I use a password repository now for browser and phone that encrypts my data and also auto fills as there's no way I can't remember 20 passwords that are complex 16 character design. It sucks but the old one password for everything doesn't work any more.
I also keep monitoring on all bank accounts and CC info in case of compromise with $1M in protection. Sucks but required these days. :(
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BOT_ROCKET

This is why I make sure I'm broke at all times. You can't steal my money if I don't have any. Take that, hackers!
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

J-Will

I use dashlane and it even automatically changes the password to some sites.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wraitherx

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on September 07, 2016, 02:33:07 AM
This is why I make sure I'm broke at all times. You can't steal my money if I don't have any. Take that, hackers!
😂😂😂
2014 SHO PP
1999 SVT Cobra Built

ZSHO

Its unfortunately the times we live in now and nothing is bulletproof and certainly helps to take extra precautionary measures as mentioned above,personally have been an exclusive member here at E.B.P.F for number of years now and just have been accustomed to this fine forum with there great members and staff,also a member on a exclusive forum which i visit on a rare occasion but do not have facebook and try to avoid any such media affiliations.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

salsathe4th

Quote from: BOT_ROCKET on September 07, 2016, 02:33:07 AM

Exactly  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOORRRRR just keep most of your money in an account that can't be accessed except by going to the bank and talking to a teller. Just transfer your leftover cash every month into an account to wish you dont have an online password for yet.

Still, its sad how much hacking has risen....I can't remember my god damn wifi password and now I have to remember 20 different passwords all with a capital letter, symbol, number, color, and chinese letter.
"Do or do not, there is no try"         2010 MKS, 22" Motiv Maranello Rims, Mdesign CAI with VTA, LMS 4X tune and lovin' it
-master yoda

FearlessAZ

VerticalScope is absolutely horrible with managing anything. I have seen them practically kill off some of the biggest forums I know of (Trailvoy). It says something when all of the veteran posters (who have almost as much knowledge of the engineers) ditch that site to create a new one because of policies and changes. There is major list of forums that they bought and begun placing ads and running them into the ground. Not just automotive either. And I believe this happened earlier with them having been hacked.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)