• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Started by Shonuff1140, July 13, 2013, 05:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonuff1140

I installed a new set of rims and new TPMS. I was under the impression I would have to reset the system to the new sensors, But with a test run no idiot lights went off.

So my question is does the SHO automatically "learn" the new sensors and that is why I don't have any idiot lights going off in the dash? Or will I just not register a low tire pressure till I have the Ford Stealership reset the TPMS?

darreli

It will take some driving but the light should come on..unless you're using the factory sensors

Shonuff1140

I don't get it, they are the second factory set of TPMS on the car and I have driven well over 50 miles.

SHOFlex11

I hear ya, this topic has a habit of stirring a debate. All I can say is the oro-tek sensors I threw in my summer wheels for the Flex were not programmed, and I have a few thousands km's on them now with no issue. The winter tire & wheel combo I bought online for the SHO were shipped mistakenly sans sensors, so they would throw a light whenever the car ventured further than 50 km from the house. When the combo first arrived, I attempted numerous re-learns, but I could never get past the left front. After letting all the air out and re-filling as a last ditch effort failed to activate, I tried the OEM wheels and of course had no issue.

Having the oro-tek's put in those winter wheels, so it will be interesting if they auto-learn or not.
'13 Flex - Torrie tuned on 93, 60/40 meth-H2O inj, PPE catted DP's into full Magnaflow exhaust w/ X-pipe, 170 t-stat, K&N FIPK w/ aFe filter, H&R springs w/ rear air bags, blah blah blah...
'13 SHO w/ PP-stock as per the wife's demands...

DJE624

I am happy to say that after a number of false notifications on my stock set up, they just all of a sudden stopped last week.  I think Larry had the same kind of problem.   

Larrylu

I did....and still do. It's very sporadic. I can go for a month with no issue then I might have several in a couple of days. I'm replacing my OE tires soon so I'm procrastinating till then.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro