• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

No Meth required 403WHP/527WTQ

Started by AJP turbo, June 07, 2016, 01:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

These are a series of pulls on the same dyno from this past fall....Also note that kyle04 has dyno results from THIS SAME dyno for his  livernois tune. He went a week or so after me this past fall. His numbers were a best of 356hp/385tq and are posted in the dyno section

Below is a stock tune with the 2 bar sensor. However I do have catless down pipes and the air raid for all these pulls

I too am surprised by the results but I have been working on this for the better part of 2 years and have done hundreds of tune revisions....Unlike some of the calibrators out there, I have the benefit of owning the car to do my own testing on my own time frame with no limitations on revisions. SO I contribute a lot of it to that

All dyno runs and tunes that I run are also with the stock thermostat and stock spark plugs and 93 octane Sunoco pump gas.

Feel free to research the power numbers for the dyno at PRL motorsports in Export, PA....I already have and nothing seems out of line with me.

My previous tuning session in the fall was a best of 394/435 for my old unleashed tune and 392/465 for one of my tunes....I felt I made some breakthroughs and wanted to see where I stood with the new tunes

Also, take a look at the PID "load absolute". I'm not exactly sure what that is but it seems to me that it may be some sort of calculated torque value. It would make sense that the ECU would have this because it does know the tq level that is being delivered...Many of the tables are based on it and as some of you may know, the way to increase boost in the tune is not to actually command more boost but to command more torque then the ECU translates that into a load value then that is translated into an airflow requirement "desired tip"

I logged absolute load....So everyway I look at it the numbers add up to me.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

THis is also a stock tune with only changes to swap in a 3 bar map sensor...Very similar to the bone stock boost tune....As it should be

This may be confusing but the MAP sensor has no effect on the power it simply reads airflow as determined by speed density...The ECU just needs to know which sensor is in the car

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

This is a 2 bar sensor tune

Stock boost levels but with added spark and with the throttle open...SO for people that may want more power but without the extra boost this tune would be for you

I have found that even with boost levels that are the same when the throttle is open the power delivered is much better and the turbo doesn't have to work as hard..It's simply more efficient when the turbo doesn't have to fight a slightly closed throttle body

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

This is a 2 BAR map sensor tune

This is 14 psi and additional spark. This is the max boost I would use on the stock map sensor. There is still some room left to allow for boost spikes. This would be for someone that does not wish to purchase a 3 bar map sensor.

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

This is the best I could do with the 3 bar map sensor and about 17 psi. This is very impressive....When everything is working in sync and the ECU is "happy" the power really becomes available..There are other limiters at play from the datalogs I have been seeing. Mainly with spark.

I believe the reason for the power increase is mainly due to increased boost at low rpm, steady boost levels from 2500 rpm to redline and spark....At the load levels for this run which were about 1.7 and IAT2's were about 100-130 degrees F I was about 16 degrees spark and most logs I see for people without meth are as low as 8 degrees....8 degrees will change power dramatically...Add to that the smooth even boost and increased boost down low....

I have data logs for every run listed above....

Also on this tune there is a fuel pressure dip around 3000 rpm but you can see that is where the tq is high on the graph so the fuel system was taxed until boost regulated...That may have been a 19 psi spike. And when fuel pressure dipped it was only about 1550 psi so I will take that all day...everywhere else was 2200...Fuel delivery seems to be a lot stronger when the high pressure pump has the limitations lifted from it's operation.

I also ran a tune about 18.5 psi and it was about the same as this so I run this tune everyday and have been for months now

Here Is also a log for the 17 psi run...Actually I think the desired TIP is 220 KPA So it's targeting 17 psi at the TIP which is pre throttle body and you lose a 1/4 pound of boost or so at the map sensor even when throttle is open

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

At 20% drive line loss which is conservative you're looking at minimal...

480CHP/633 CTQ

On pump gas!

AJP turbo

I would love to see some people run 15-16 psi down low and 17 psi midrange and top end on E30.....I don't have much E85 around me and don't care to mess with it but I'm going to guess it should do well

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Pretty impressive results, AJ.  Would love to know your maintenance products & routines/timings for the SHO btw.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

Good work AJ.  Do you feel as though you've reached a 'daily driver maximum' with your 3 bar 17psi tune?

We need you to do some testing with ACES fuel 'catalyst'.

It looks like your spark and fuel pressure *might* benefit from it.  I hope it to be a replacement for meth to boost octane.  Let me know if you ever find yourself around DC... I'll give you enough for a few tanks
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOnUup

Impressive numbers...now go get some time slips!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Scott4957

Awesome and great work! Thank you for sharing this! I'm sure I will have all kinds of questions once I dig into the log. Do you by chance have a log of a street pull, 0-100 on this tune, just trying to compare apples to apples. I'm also curious how you think this would run if it where 20 degrees warmer or cooler? Do you think that fuel pressure drop would be too low on a 40 degree day? And do you think a significant amount of timing would be pulled on an 80 degree day? And if so are you looking to run a small amount of meth to maintain this performance over a wide range of conditions?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

sholxgt

Very impressive!  Would love to see some time slips.  That torque would make for a serious 100'.

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106