• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 EB Flex Shudder/Shake

Started by FaSSt9602, June 03, 2016, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Maybe set to private?  I don't see them either :(
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FaSSt9602

Quote from: sholxgt on September 11, 2016, 05:54:59 PM
Maybe set to private?  I don't see them either :(

I don't know.  The new Google photo system is finicky...They are in a shared album, links are to the shared photos, so I don't know.
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

ZSHO

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on September 10, 2016, 04:10:07 PM
So I haven't done anything to the car yet other than doing some data logging and I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.  In the last couple weeks I questioned my wife on her gas mileage (got a deer in the headlights look) and asked her to start logging her mileage between fill-ups.  I haven't had a chance to fill up again, but on this last tank, she has right at 200 miles and less than an 1/8 of a tank left.  Once I fill up, I'll know where it is, but it looks as though this tank might come in at about 13.3 mpg. 

So she is out of town this weekend so I figure it is the perfect time to tear into her car a bit and change plugs.  The current plugs have about 40k on them (non-tuned) and we replaced by the dealer when we were troubleshooting (what was found to be the cracked piston resulting in a new short block) and are the 534's.

When I pulled out the plugs first thing I found was front drivers side coil clip was broken.  It seats and stays in place, but the plastic retainer piece is gone (note I have yet to document a true misfire while diagnosing this issue, so I'm very hesitant to say this is causing any issues).  Guessing the dealer must have broke it at some point because up until this point, other than oil changes, no one else (including me) has been working on this part of the engine.

Coils looked good.  No oil on any of the coils.

Plugs came out good.  Looked pretty decent to me, but some of you guys are a little better at reading a DI plug.  All had gaps of about .031 (one I could squeeze .032), so I didn't have massive gaps that I was reluctantly hoping for so I could say with confidence that I found the root of my problem.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the plugs laid out according to how they were installed.  Top of picture is passenger side, right side is near firewall (sorry, don't know cylinder numbering on this engine).  What are your thoughts on the condition of the plugs?  Anyone think I found a cause of the random stumble and/or recent loss in fuel mileage?

Firewall side

Front side

Also, while I was in there I pulled the intake tube off near the TB and used the dipstick to see how much oil was in the IC.  This is with the car flat on all fours.  Guessing I need to do a little IC cleaning.

Pic's sweet....Definitely based from the pics you will need to get a suction type compressor air gun to remove the excess oil inside the CAC especially at ground level[on all fours] and the front plugs looks good IMO based from the current mileage on them besides the rear which look  a bit well done IMO.  SP-534 ? . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FaSSt9602

Yes, those that came out were 534's, and those that went back in were 534's with gaps confirmed to .030
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.