• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 vs SHO rotating assembly

Started by Spenser281, September 11, 2016, 11:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: Spenser281 on September 12, 2016, 10:51:49 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 12, 2016, 07:47:47 PM
Quote from: Spenser281 on September 12, 2016, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on September 12, 2016, 07:29:53 PM
Livernois is the only one I am aware of that has deck plates for this application.  I have no idea on the cost tho.

Kinda the before

and after

Probably more than I can afford, unfortunately.  So does this mean that these engines CAN'T be stroked with out the use of deck plates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
What would be the advantage of a stroker?

A stroker simply means increasing the stroke, or rather, the distance the piston travels in the cylinder, which in turn, results in increasing the displacement.  Since an engine is essentially a large air pump, the more air you can pump, the more power you can make (provided all other components work together).  When the stroke is increased, the piston travels further down and further up in the cylinder, which draws (or in our case, allows the turbos to pump in) in more air on the intake stroke, and thus, giving the cylinder more air to compress.  It will also increase the compression ratio, provided you use the same pistons.

The end result is more torque and more horsepower, again, provided the rest of the components support the extra volume.

Don't forget increased torque from the added leverage of the longer stroke.
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 12, 2016, 11:08:28 PM
Livernois is the only one I am aware of that has deck plates for this application.  I have no idea on the cost tho.

Kinda the before

and after

Probably more than I can afford, unfortunately.  So does this mean that these engines CAN'T be stroked with out the use of deck plates?

A stroker simply means increasing the stroke, or rather, the distance the piston travels in the cylinder, which in turn, results in increasing the displacement.  Since an engine is essentially a large air pump, the more air you can pump, the more power you can make (provided all other components work together).  When the stroke is increased, the piston travels further down and further up in the cylinder, which draws (or in our case, allows the turbos to pump in) in more air on the intake stroke, and thus, giving the cylinder more air to compress.  It will also increase the compression ratio, provided you use the same pistons.

The end result is more torque and more horsepower, again, provided the rest of the components support the extra volume.

LME shortblock $5500
Super Six ported head/intake with upgraded springs $2050
Upgraded Turbos $2500

If my math is right, around 12 grand for everything installed.

That presents an interesting and much cheaper alternative to buying a whole new car.

I would hold off until the SEMA show before making a call on heads...HINT HINT. You should also note that the ATP kit has different pricing if you are offering your snails as cores. We also use a proprietary sized turbo pairing than the OTS ATP kit. Just a couple quick asides.

Your quick math seems to be fairly accurate, HOWEVER do not forget about tuning. This is something that will need to be strapped down to a dyno and expertly tuned. Notice the adjective.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on September 13, 2016, 11:15:11 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 12, 2016, 11:08:28 PM

Kinda the before

and after

LME shortblock $5500
Super Six ported head/intake with upgraded springs $2050
Upgraded Turbos $2500

If my math is right, around 12 grand for everything installed.

That presents an interesting and much cheaper alternative to buying a whole new car.

I would hold off until the SEMA show before making a call on heads...HINT HINT. You should also note that the ATP kit has different pricing if you are offering your snails as cores. We also use a proprietary sized turbo pairing than the OTS ATP kit. Just a couple quick asides.

Your quick math seems to be fairly accurate, HOWEVER do not forget about tuning. This is something that will need to be strapped down to a dyno and expertly tuned. Notice the adjective.
No calls needed yet, I just like to have my contingency fund prepped and ready just in case the worst were to happen.

A one shot deal would be preferable to mixing parts though.

I hope that head package and upgraded turbos will allow for some higher revs though.

You guys probably wouldn't want to mess with tuning me.

I'm super picky and have a slight severe E85 addiction.  :D