• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ptu fluid exchange

Started by cseverens, April 20, 2016, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13TTPI

Those are very informative articles for sure, thank for digging them up.  Makes me feel very fortunate to have found my car and with such low miles.  Not to brag, but maybe a little - the car was found by my bro who works at a blue oval dealership on an auction site @ 18,9 plus 800 to ship and I managed to get a premium care to like 100k just in case.  So I financed $24 and when the car arrived it already had some quality lighting components.  Who needs rear sun screens, my touch, heated cooled seats, or memory anyway!  The car came from Boyer Ford in Minneapolis btw, must have sat somewhere on a back lot for several years judging from the fading on the roof trim, and there were a bunch of pine needles piled up in the valley behind the engine. Sorry to hijack the thread, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sholxgt

Since this thread came back up, I will add...

My wife works for a Lincoln dealership.  They are a dealer network of several Ford/Lincoln dealers and they service the PD cars is each of their towns.  ALL of the PD vehicles get a PTU fluid change every 30,000 miles as part of their standard service.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Quote from: sholxgt on June 16, 2016, 12:09:20 PM
ALL of the PD vehicles get a PTU fluid change every 30,000 miles as part of their standard service.
Good to know :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

FWIW, these PD's also elect to do an intake cleaning service, similar to BG, every 30,000 miles.

The other information I got from the service manager is they go through a LOT of brakes.  LOL

I imagine some PD's want their old Interceptors back.  Cheap to maintain and easy on parts.  I can tell you since I traded one in on my MKS that the downside is they were slow.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Heelfan1

Went ahead and had my PTU fluid changed today. Had a friend do it that owns a shop and he said that the fluid was pretty black and a little metal on the plug but nothing that concerned him. He said that he figured out why I didn't do it myself that even on a lift it was a PIA.
2013 SHO non PP LMS Tuned, 160ts, 3 Bar, CAI, DP's
2013 EX Sport, LMS Tuned, 160ts,3 Bar, CAI
2018 Raptor H.O. Ecoboost LMS Tuned
2011 F150 Harley Edition 6.2 AWD(sold)
Whipple SC, JDM Tuned 600+ hp

SHOdded

Worse with a  PP-equipped SHO!  Good you got it done.  A little metal on the plug is nothing to worry about, the plug is magnetic.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!