• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New tune on Police Interceptor

Started by SpeedTrap, June 01, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 06, 2016, 11:44:49 PM
Quote from: sholxgt on June 06, 2016, 11:04:04 PM
Quote from: AJP turbo on June 06, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
I doubt it....they were like 275hp with the crappy 4.6

As usual, you missed my point.  As you do 90% of the posters on this forum.  I was saying that it's a slow outdated platform that can be tuned to out accelerate modern cars, but can't run with anything on the top end.

The power you quoted and crappyness of the motor are correct.  Keep in mind that there are plenty of crappy motors that do OK when needed.

The 5.0 Mustang in my garage put 532 to the back tires with the factory original 120k mile short block.  No, it's not a modern 5.0.  It's the factory 302 in a 1990 LX hatch.  Runs ok when needed also since it's 3,200 lbs soaking wet with factory equipment, A/C, driver, etc.

I don't even know what to say...Your 5.0 that did 532 was really far from stock...Give me 50 grand and I could give a 1 liter 3 cylinder geo metro engine make 750 to the wheels...It's not the factory 302 if you almost tripled the power
How does one tune a crappy engine to "out accelerate modern cars" but also at the same time doesn't run with them on the top end?

There isn't much power to be had from a "tune" on a 4.6 N/A in a crown vic.

LOL. Maybe you are ignorant.  A "short block" means block, crank, rods, and pistons.  I never said all original 302.  I said factory short block. 

Maybe also you don't understand the concept of gearing, traction, and a decent running vehicle.  Most of my rides through the years haven't impressed any dyno's or dragstrips, but yet somehow manage to bring home the bacon.  Granted, none of my rides have ever given up what they have on a dyno or at a timed event either.

I think that, if you focused less on being an Internet super star, and instead realized that there are others that share your passion for automobiles, maybe you would choose to be less obnoxious. 

Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

AJP turbo

Perhaps you are right...but then id be much more bored and would just read a book....id rather log on and be that internet superstar
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

sholxgt

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 07, 2016, 12:15:35 AM
Perhaps you are right...but then id be much more bored and would just read a book....id rather log on and be that internet superstar

Please keep logging. Many appreciate your tireless efforts.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Time for that reminder to stay on point and not disrupt OP's thread.  Thank you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

John Miller

Someone mentioned above that the PI might have the speed limiter removed or modified - not true on the Taurus. The PI Taurus is limited to 123 or 124. I'm only 90% sure most don't have armor, but I'm 100% sure about the speed limiter :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Taurus SHO, Non-PP, 93 Octane Livernois V10 "Soft Shift" Tune with 170 Reische Thermostat and 3-bar MAP sensor

Scott4957

Quote from: John Miller on June 07, 2016, 04:58:39 AM
Someone mentioned above that the PI might have the speed limiter removed or modified - not true on the Taurus. The PI Taurus is limited to 123 or 124. I'm only 90% sure most don't have armor, but I'm 100% sure about the speed limiter :)

So you're saying I can get away if needed? LOL Not sure if the armor was a joke or not but weighing it would be one way to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

FoMoCoSHO

The armor is no joke, they can be upfitted with ballistic panels and I think bullet resistant glass as well.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 07, 2016, 09:15:08 AM

Just remember that radio waves move nearly the speed of light when you contemplate trying... LOL
So you're saying I can get away if needed? LOL Not sure if the armor was a joke or not but weighing it would be one way to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I wonder if weight could play a factor compared to the SHO,sometimes the OP PI do come with some extra goodies!!!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SpeedTrap

Yes, my car in fact does have ballistic panels in the doors. They are VERY heavy. If it's not too difficult to remove them, I may consider it. Attached is the original window sticker.
Vehicle: 2013 PI Sedan ECOBOOST.
Mods: Airaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, plugs, 170 Degree Thermostat, Powerstop "Top Cop" brake pads and rotors, Matt Cater tuned, 93 Octane.
Mustang Dyno: 337 AWHP, 368 AWTQ 93 Octane.
Best Time: 12.829 @ 106.88, 1.835 60 foot.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SpeedTrap on June 07, 2016, 11:06:46 PM
Yes, my car in fact does have ballistic panels in the doors. They are VERY heavy. If it's not too difficult to remove them, I may consider it. Attached is the original window sticker.

http://www.fleetsafety.com/police-vehicle-ballistic-armor-bulletproof-doors/

$2800.00 and 8.4 lbs a side.

John Miller

Good info. I wonder, with budgets for local and state governments being what they are, what percentage of police interceptors were actually commissioned with the ballistic panels

2015 Taurus SHO, Non-PP, 93 Octane Livernois V10 "Soft Shift" Tune with 170 Reische Thermostat and 3-bar MAP sensor

FoMoCoSHO

What are noise suppression bonds?

13TTPI

Hi! New here but thought I would jump right in - attached find a pic of my 13 EB interceptor I've had a little over a year now.  Shipped from Minneapolis with 700 original miles.  The other snap from Ford's latest brochure confirms the standard speed limit is 131 but order code 99T lets the EB PI run to 148.  Will be tuning my car soon, and looking OP up for the procedures on accessing the Strategy Code without a start button or paddle shifters.
Thanks for letting me share!

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF!  Have you been on SHOforum in the past, I vaguely recollect a blue PI on there a while back ...  Anyway, an intro thread is in order, here's where to put it:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,14.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!