• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New tune on Police Interceptor

Started by SpeedTrap, June 01, 2016, 01:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedTrap

Had my buddy dyno/tune my car today.
Mods: Airaid CAI, 3 Bar MAP, plugs, 170 degree thermostat.

Mustang Dyno, HP tuners. Results:

337 AWHP
368 AWTQ

I'm shocked! Not bad at all for putting less than $1000 under the hood in a car that appears and sounds completely stock. Attached is a before/after from a baseline tune from Torrie.
Vehicle: 2013 PI Sedan ECOBOOST.
Mods: Airaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, plugs, 170 Degree Thermostat, Powerstop "Top Cop" brake pads and rotors, Matt Cater tuned, 93 Octane.
Mustang Dyno: 337 AWHP, 368 AWTQ 93 Octane.
Best Time: 12.829 @ 106.88, 1.835 60 foot.

J-Will

Police interceptors have turbos?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SpeedTrap

Yes, there is an option with the Taurus for a 3.5 liter TT v6.

Quote from: J-Will on June 01, 2016, 06:33:03 AM
Police interceptors have turbos?

Mods: Airaid CAI, 3-Bar MAP, plugs, 170 Degree Thermostat, Powerstop "Top Cop" brake pads and rotors, Matt Cater tuned, 93 Octane.

Scott4957

Congrats on the numbers, and on a Mustang dyno no less. Just curious, any reason you tuned off of Torries base tune rather than finish the tune with him?
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

SpeedTrap

Quote from: Scott4957 on June 01, 2016, 10:37:19 AM
Congrats on the numbers, and on a Mustang dyno no less. Just curious, any reason you tuned off of Torries base tune rather than finish the tune with him?

It was a spur-of-the-moment situation where I had the opportunity to jump on the dyno. My schedule is been so crazy lately with work/travel, as has my friend's with the shop. Mostly just timing, I wouldn't be able to do this until the end of summer otherwise and I was getting antsy!

Blackhawk

What shop did you bring it to if you don't mind me asking?

SpeedTrap

The shop itself where the dyno is located is Performance Speed Shop in Addison, IL. The tune itself was performed by Matt Cater of 555 Motorsports.

Blackhawk

Thanks, good to know if I want to dyno sometime.
Quote from: SpeedTrap on June 01, 2016, 03:41:47 PM
The shop itself where the dyno is located is Performance Speed Shop in Addison, IL. The tune itself was performed by Matt Cater of 555 Motorsports.

J-Will

The tune was done with HP Tuners? That's good to hear, I hope they continue to expand support on our platform.

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

nickwalter4

I've often contemplated flashing my xsport to think it's a TT police interceptor. They up tune them for gear/armor. At the moment I'm too cheap for a real tuner computer but at work I have ford software and access to PCM cal files...   haven't done it yet though my lead was like.. eh if it messes it up u can just flash it back... he's also relocating to a facility where there's an SVT explorer project so more to follow for that I guess...
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

AJP turbo

Quote from: nickwalter4 on June 02, 2016, 03:47:26 PM
I've often contemplated flashing my xsport to think it's a TT police interceptor. They up tune them for gear/armor. At the moment I'm too cheap for a real tuner computer but at work I have ford software and access to PCM cal files...

What proof do you have? Every police interceptor vehicle I've seen over the years is just as slow as the civilian counterpart in magazine tests. It's a common misconception that all police interceptor cars are tuned more than normal cars. Sure there are some specialty cop cars but the police interceptor package is nothing special, and never was.

What Ford software do you have....IDS? if that's the case you can't see the tune. You simply get the file to flash. That file could have changes that are as simple as an increased speed limiter and cooling settings and tire size.

I have IDS software and there are police interceptor items you can add to your car if you want but they are nothing exciting
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on June 03, 2016, 12:15:21 AM
Quote from: nickwalter4 on June 02, 2016, 03:47:26 PM
I've often contemplated flashing my xsport to think it's a TT police interceptor. They up tune them for gear/armor. At the moment I'm too cheap for a real tuner computer but at work I have ford software and access to PCM cal files...

What proof do you have? Every police interceptor vehicle I've seen over the years is just as slow as the civilian counterpart in magazine tests. It's a common misconception that all police interceptor cars are tuned more than normal cars. Sure there are some specialty cop cars but the police interceptor package is nothing special, and never was.

What Ford software do you have....IDS? if that's the case you can't see the tune. You simply get the file to flash. That file could have changes that are as simple as an increased speed limiter and cooling settings and tire size.

I have IDS software and there are police interceptor items you can add to your car if you want but they are nothing exciting
I thought only Ford can gain access to IDS software,"Heck" even Jason over at PIMods does not have access and a dealer visit is required to install the AB fil..with IDS.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

nickwalter4

Not IDS. I use DET and all the PCM files are on a secure ford server. Again. It was just kind of a 'I could, but I'm not sure what it would do' IDS has some options for the lock configurations and stuff but nothing for PCM.
wiring/diag @ ROUSH Ford prototype development. Fueled by, coffee, woodford reserve and the always delicious taco bell.

SOLD. '16 fire bronze Xsport: UPR catch can, AirAid, Hella sharptones, Husky floor liners, weathertech visors, PPE catted+coated DPS. 3bar, 170* TSTAT, SCT X4 by Unleashed 93 octane. Mobil 1.

AJP turbo

Ids is easy to get if you want...some of you guys would love it
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress