• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trans slipping... upgrade to PI gearing with reman trans?

Started by SHO T1M3, May 28, 2016, 06:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO T1M3

So my transmission is starting to slip a bit on 2-3 shifts under WOT.

2013 SHO PP purchased with 46k, unleashed 93 octane 3 Bar tuned at 56k.

I'm thinking I might eventually need a rebuild and found that remanufactured might be a better route.
I also found that base SHO's have a 2.77 final drive, PP's have a 3.16, and Interceptor sedans have 3.39!
I was wondering how difficult it would be to source a PI final drive to install on my '13 PP...
Anyone know how difficult that would be or if maybe just finding a complete PI trans and swapping it out. And if swapping is a better option, would the paddle shifting function still work?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

I bet everything works...i would love to do that...i think swapping just the final drive is easy once the trans is out
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Great idea if you're gonna have to replace it anyway...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

13TTPI

Unless the 14+ Interceptors have a different final drive ratio, I wonder where you received the info that they have a 3.39 ratio.  Attached is a segment of my car's build sheet showing the 3.16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Maybe based on this:
http://adamsonindustries.com/content/Ford%20NGPI%20Info/Police%20Interceptor%20Mod%20Guide%20Section%201_DRAFT_10_11.pdf

and this:
http://www.greshamfordfleet.com/2013_PI_Source_Book.pdf

A sample VIN check result on https://www.etis.ford.com
* Illustration shows model only
Taurus, 3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT, Kodiak Brown

VIN Number:     1FAHP2M87DG199738
Primary Features
Build Date:     22.01.2013
Vehicle Line:     Taurus
Body Style:     Taurus Police
Version:     Police Version
Engine:     3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TI-VCT
Transmission:     6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F50
Drive:     LHD 4WD (FTD)
Axle Ratio:     3.39
Emission:     With California/Green State Req
Air Conditioning:     Manual Air Conditioning
Territory:     (+)"USA"
Paint:     Kodiak Brown

Can't get enough info? :)
https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2012/modGuide.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

I know this is an old thread.

The question would be. Since the PI gearing is "Taller" . Would this create less stress on the trans and such so you might not see the torque errors and maybe trans shifting problems ?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Macgyver on August 14, 2018, 07:26:03 PM
I know this is an old thread.

The question would be. Since the PI gearing is "Taller" . Would this create less stress on the trans and such so you might not see the torque errors and maybe trans shifting problems ?
Wait, isn't it shorter?

Macgyver

Well yeah whatever the term is.

But since gearing makes "Work" easier. Couldn't this solve a little of the "too much power on launch" that the SHO has ?

autobahn terror

I thought about this myself, but since decided that the payoff vs. time and money weren't in line. 3.16 to 3.39 just isnt a big enough difference to me. 3.73 on the other hand...a man can dream...
2014 PP, Dicunzolo Gen2 Mounts, Gear Head Intercooler, EcoPowerParts Charge Pipes w/Meth Bung @1GPH, Hennessy KnN CAI W/RECIRC, Alky controls meth injection, Lightly Ported Intake drilled and tapped for Port Meth Injection 1GPH per Cylinder, XDI EVO HPFP, Deathwerks 340LPH intank LPFP, ATP Turbos, EPP Catless DownPipes, Corsa CAT Back, 160TSTAT, 3BAR MAP, Stock Ignition coils, SP542 plugs .028, UPR Catch Can, MEGAN Coilovers,  Power Stop Z23 Brake Kit, 93octane Dynotune @ 430AWHP/430AWTQ...Soon to be much more

irondoor19

Quote from: autobahn terror on August 15, 2018, 06:10:02 AM
I thought about this myself, but since decided that the payoff vs. time and money weren't in line. 3.16 to 3.39 just isnt a big enough difference to me. 3.73 on the other hand...a man can dream...
t

yea, I Just checked my Window Sticker
for my 2013 PI Ecoboost 3.5L TT
and the Final Drive is 3.16....
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,