• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Incoming new product JMS Boost Max.

Started by tmcphail, January 26, 2014, 05:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey Torrie, any further updates on this, I really am interested in how this product will work as a stand alone device :)
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

Take care,

SuperBrick

Bringing back a post from the dead however has anyone on here used this devise and only this devise?  I have not put a full tune on mine since I would like to keep my extended warranty however if this little bugger works in line with everything else to give it a little more pep in her step, I would love that. 

The only questions I have is that is there truly no trace of a signal alteration in the cars ECU should a problem arise?  And I have heard people mention that the ecu may eventually re-calibrate itself back to stock levels over time with this devise.  Is there any truth to that?  I like the idea of being able to take it back to stock for routine service appointments.

Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. 
2013 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost w/ Titanium Package

1988 Honda CRX Si w/ B16A1 motor swap and a 'large' turbo: 1900 lbs + 11.2:1 + 18 psi = 100mph tire melter

tmcphail

Completely untraceable once you remove it. I have them in stock

http://www.unleashedtuning.com/jms-boostmax-for-3-5l/

Quote from: SuperBrick on May 04, 2016, 12:34:26 PM
Bringing back a post from the dead however has anyone on here used this devise and only this devise?  I have not put a full tune on mine since I would like to keep my extended warranty however if this little bugger works in line with everything else to give it a little more pep in her step, I would love that. 

The only questions I have is that is there truly no trace of a signal alteration in the cars ECU should a problem arise?  And I have heard people mention that the ecu may eventually re-calibrate itself back to stock levels over time with this devise.  Is there any truth to that?  I like the idea of being able to take it back to stock for routine service appointments.

Thanks and sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere. 
Take care,

SuperBrick

Thank you for the super fast response.  Can you clarify on the other question?  I have read a couple places that the ecu will eventually recalibrate back to normal?  I have seen that in a few comments however based on how this works, the ecu does what it needs to based on signal inputs and as long as that signal is being altered, it will continue running at higher boost levels. 

Can you also confirm AFR stays in a nice happy place with the increased boost?  I understand there is extra room built into the factory tune but going from 10.5 to 15 is almost 50% more boost.  Just thought I would check first.

1988 Honda CRX Si w/ B16A1 motor swap and a 'large' turbo: 1900 lbs + 11.2:1 + 18 psi = 100mph tire melter

tmcphail

Take care,

SuperBrick

Awesome!  Thanks again.  The only ecu tuning I know is from OBD-0 tuning back in the day.

tmcphail

Take care,

SuperBrick

Deleting all things negative I see.  Classy.

SHOdded

Ummm ... thread was split off because it didn't seem to belong in the vendor section anymore.  You can continue to pose questions for Torrie right here though.

Here's the new thread:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6144.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SuperBrick

Perhaps I should get to know the site format better before opening my mouth.  My apologies.  I didn't realize it was split off and I couldn't find it.  Feel free to delete my shenanigans.

Carry on.