• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Removing Intake Manifold - Disconnecting Vac lines

Started by AnotherGreenFusion, May 21, 2016, 08:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: MightBeASynth on May 21, 2016, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 21, 2016, 10:33:11 PM
Btw cleanup the connectors and gently push up the connectors with a small flat stubby screw driver or vice grips and push it in.  Z   :)

The post before the edit was much more fun to try.

Thanks for the tip!

10 years out of the seat, I am rusty as hell!

Did Z edit my post again? I didn't notice.....He prefers this forum be appropriate for 7 year old girls I guess....I didn't even cuss....I hope he doesn't drive people away from this fine forum due to  boredom.

And no tools for those connectors!!
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 22, 2016, 12:03:30 AM
Quote from: MightBeASynth on May 21, 2016, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on May 21, 2016, 10:33:11 PM
Btw cleanup the connectors and gently push up the connectors with a small flat stubby screw driver or vice grips and push it in.  Z   :)

The post before the edit was much more fun to try.

Thanks for the tip!

10 years out of the seat, I am rusty as hell!

Did Z edit my post again? I didn't notice.....He prefers this forum be appropriate for 7 year old girls I guess....I didn't even cuss....I hope he doesn't drive people away from this fine forum due to  boredom.

And no tools for those connectors!!
AJ had to refrain myself because it was some funny Sh** and nothing was "edited"on your end,keep it real and factual my friend,just dont like the false claims you mentioned above,think a spanking is in order,lol.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AnotherGreenFusion

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Got it all tore down but found out the '15 Fusion does not have the mounts i need for the boomba catch can and the RX can won't mount where they put it in the focus thanks to my ECU on the strut tower and my fatter CP-E TIP.

At least I didn't see any oil stain on the lower intake runners like I saw on the turbo inlet so it seems most of the mess is getting caught in the FMIC so far. Still would like to install the RX, found a spot in the fenderwell for it, but need to improvise a bracket and get more tubing first

So all that just for some spacers!  :freak2:

Maybe I just sell both cans and go for meth injection.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

SHOdded

The perils of modding :)  Maybe a few brewski-fueled sessions will inspire the innovations you need.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AnotherGreenFusion

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 22, 2016, 11:18:52 AM
I wouldn't

Thanks, been following you as a lurker for a while, you know your stuff!

Been musing it back and forth myself, I have seen the videos and am hoping to get my hands on a boroscope to see how bad I am, supposedly at 17k my valves should already be coked but my setup did not drip near as much oil as I saw in the videos. But there is evidence of oil on the TB and down to the IC so there is oil in the air and it will make it down there.

There is very little room in this bay without starting to relocate things. I am thinking I will mount the RX in the fenderwell and sell the boomba, boomba is just a billet style with an in-built check valve supposedly. Any problems running vac lines for a can to the fenderwell and back?
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

AJP turbo

I mean meth has it's benefits and it works. I just don't like what I see in the logs....And you will not have a finely tuned machined....You kinda have to compromise and settle for what you can in terms of tuning and that's just not my style.

But if you are looking to extend the power limits of the stock turbo or fuel and intercooler then meth will do that but there will be compromises in tuning. If 1/4 mile times and dyno charts are your top priority over precise tuning then go meth

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress