• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Power Steering failure

Started by Egoboost, April 27, 2016, 10:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Where they able to retrieve any of the DTC'S mentioned above from the PCM?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Ouch!  Maybe some goodwill will come your way, that'd be nice ...  First mention of the U joint being the culprit ...  Wonder if it was this part in question:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 13, 2016, 10:46:24 PM
Ouch!  Maybe some goodwill will come your way, that'd be nice ...  First mention of the U joint being the culprit ...  Wonder if it was this part in question:
Work Order would be nice,where's the Knuckle up top?  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Egoboost

Negative on the DTC's, even asked the tech if there were any stored in the PCM (I had no warnings in the dash display).  Said my issue wouldn't necessarily incite a DTC to be thrown since it was a mechanical issue and the steering angle sensor woud not detect an issue as there was no deflection in the position of the shaft.  Said he's never seen one of these go before.

SHOdded, you're correct on the culprit, in fact I think they showed me the exact same diagram!

Keeping my fingers crossed they can still get some goowill due to this being such an oddity.  At the very least, I established a relationship with the dealer, and they've been really good to me.  Even rushed the repair for me yesterday so I could get the car earlier.

SHOdded