• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Spring Sale Event!

Started by MDesign Performance, May 13, 2016, 04:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Our Spring Sale event is now live, visit our website www.mdesignperformance.com/shop in order to save on a Carbon Cold Air Intake system now!

EcoBoost Performance Forum Members use coupon code EBPF to receive free shipping on top of our Spring Sales event now through May 31st, 2016.

Quote3.5L EcoBoost 2010-16 Ford/Lincoln Taurus SHO, Flex, Explorer Sport, MKS, MKT — Carbon Cold Air Intake

• The MDesign Performance Carbon Cold Air Intake series are race inspired, true cold air intake systems that perform as well as they look.
  • Genuine carbon fiber, fully enclosed performance intake air filter and genuine carbon fiber intake charge pipe.
  • Custom CAD designed intake air scoop with OEM mount points allows for a fresh source of air.
  • Completely enclosed from the engine bay in order to prevent power-robbing heatsoak.
  • More linear and direct air flow than OEM design.
  • Retains all OEM hoses and connections.
  • Now lined with 3M™ heat reflection lining on the interior of the carbon fiber heat shield to further prevent heatsoak and a newer, larger high-flow inner air filter for even more power.

http://www.mdesignperformance.com/shop/2010-fordlincoln-35l-ecoboost-sho-flex-mks-mkt-explorer-sport-mdesign-performance-carbon-cold-air-intake

Results of the MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake on a Mustang dyno, base run on the left side with AirRaid/Windstorm Intake; 303.3 whp increased to 314.3 whp and 269.3 wtq to 286.4 wtq.

Results of the MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake on the dyno, base run in blue with K&N intake and MDesign Performance run in green; 298.9 whp increased to 316.6 whp and 341.9 wtq to 383.7 wtq.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

ZSHO

Definitely might hit you up soon just need to get some things out of the way but perfect spot to intall my oil catch can,right under the intake for cooler Temps.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MDesign Performance

Quote from: ZSHO on May 14, 2016, 08:20:20 AM
Definitely might hit you up soon just need to get some things out of the way but perfect spot to intall my oil catch can,right under the intake for cooler Temps.  Z   :)

Hope all works out Z, indeed it would be :thumb:
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

AJP turbo

Wonder how the mdesign makes power...i didnt even see a reduction in intake temps with my air raid when i opened the hood

All these intake draw air from the same place
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 14, 2016, 02:46:56 PM
Wonder how the mdesign makes power...i didnt even see a reduction in intake temps with my air raid when i opened the hood

Not an airaid? ...likely.... Dyno wasn't a SHO

... Kinda

On my car no difference on the dyno, when tuned stock, with the factory setup or just the open saxophone and no filtering (hood up, ambient 79 degrees). I have not dynoed with my MDesign, but I love the look and being able to check tranny fluid without dismantling the CAI as stock requires. I can't explain to the dyno graphs on the MDesign as I believe any restriction is in the saxophone. That said, I love my MDesign.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

MDesign Performance

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 14, 2016, 02:46:56 PM

Hey AJ, all intakes attempt to draw air from the same place though our system is 100% sealed only allowing ambient air. Not only are our systems true cold air intakes they also use carbon fiber and chemical heat-shielding to further decrease intake inlet air temperatures.

Here is a video that a client sent over this past week after installing our latest generation system.

Quotehttps://youtu.be/Fgqv90rDi4g

3.5L Ecoboost Carbon Cold Air Intake shows its efficiency; 79*F ambient temperature, 77*F under acceleration due to our RAM air design and 80*F at a stop in sunny Florida.

2013 Taurus SHO w/ Performance Package
2-Bar Unleashed Tune
MDesign Carbon CAI
Corsa Cat Back Exhaust
346.27 AWHP 385.95 AWTQ
Best: 12.757 @ 107.71 MPH
Palm Beach Raceway

AJP turbo

Yeah but my air raid must be 100% sealed as well...the marking on the hood liner proves it to me...so the only place it draws air from is the snorkel in the grille...so its a cold air intake also and benefits from the largest filter element ive seen

And when i open the hood i get no reduction in IAT further proving that the air raid draws air from outside and not the engine

I look at iat2...once the engine is heat soaked the only thing that really helps is lower ambiant temps and getting the car moving

The mdesign does look awsome and its nice to be able to check the tranny dipstick like big mac said
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Definitely agree,having access to the trans dip stick and being able to check the fluid levels is certainly a plus,found my Airaid fairly loose after the dealer performed a Trans flush under warranty because of a seal leaking,sorry for being a bit off topic in a "Vendor section" and best of luck MDesign on the Spring Sale.  Z   :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Wardog692

Well I bit the bullet and bought it, I can't wait for it to arrive! My dad is coming back from overseas for the first time since Christmas and (although it's not a hard job) he's gonna "help" me install it for what I think will be our first father-son car project.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

SHOdded

Wow, that's cool!  Just remember you then have to figure out how to utilize all that empty space ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: Wardog692 on May 21, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
Well I bit the bullet and bought it, I can't wait for it to arrive! My dad is coming back from overseas for the first time since Christmas and (although it's not a hard job) he's gonna "help" me install it for what I think will be our first father-son car project.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Very cool! I might suggest picking up some SS T-clamps to use in place of the ring clamps that come with it... Just looks so much better IMHO.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

dr.dodge

My plan is to start modding this summer. I will probably start with this. looks very cool.

Mo
-2014 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Every option, BoVs VTA, tuned, MDesign CAI, catted downpipes, muffler delete, NGK Plugs, 160 F T-stat, Alkycontrol Methanol Injection system, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, HIDs and puddle lights.
-Chevrolet Cobalt (Supercharged) Weekend buggy!