• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Logging Question

Started by WickedSHO, May 24, 2016, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WickedSHO

Hey guys,

If I were going to log a WOT run or just any run, what kind of parameters should I be logging? Boost, KR, LOR?

Would like some guidance from those on here that are way more educated then me.

Thanks in advance.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

JDW1

Quote from: WickedSHO on May 24, 2016, 04:49:08 PM
Hey guys,

If I were going to log a WOT run or just any run, what kind of parameters should I be logging? Boost, KR, LOR?

Would like some guidance from those on here that are way more educated then me.

Thanks in advance.

Your tuner should be able to send you a configuration.  If not some one on here prob can.  There are several you should be looking at/logging. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

SHOdded

I am sure the experts will chime in, but you can look at any number of datalogs that have been posted recently, keeping in mind the NAMES (column headers) are valid on SCT devices, though most (if not all) the PIDs are also available in Torque Pro and/or Forscan.

Most recent thread with datalogs:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6130.0.html

Torque Pro custom PIDs:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Are you going to log with live link and sct?..pm me your email and ill send you a good config
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

WickedSHO

I only have Torque at the moment. So I was hoping to use that.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

glock-coma

Quote from: WickedSHO on May 25, 2016, 12:56:49 PM
I only have Torque at the moment. So I was hoping to use that.

At first I tried to log only with torque, I believe it only transfers data in csv format, Torrie didn't have a way to transfer the data over to look at it.

He was asking if there was some kind of graphical way to view it.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

I believe at one point, a member posted up about a website you can post your CSVs for others to view?  Had a graphical interface on it IIRC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

ecoboostsho

If you are going to do logging I highly recommend you download Forscan on to your Android phone.  As much as I love Torque I couldn't get it to log very many parameters at any kind of decent data rate.  Your other choice would be OBDFusion/OBDLink which is much better than Torque but not as good as FORSCAN in my opinion (for logging - OBDLink blows FORSCAN out of the water in the gauge department).
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

JDW1

Quote from: AJP turbo on May 24, 2016, 07:13:18 PM
Are you going to log with live link and sct?..pm me your email and ill send you a good config

Do you have a config with boost in PSI instead of Kpa?  I'll take it too if so.  I stopped trying after the one i manipulated wouldn't log because i got it from a diff config. 
13 SHO, Unleashed 3bar Tune, 1 step cooler NGK's, MDesign CAI, 170 t-stat and meth.

WickedSHO

Quote from: JDW1 on May 26, 2016, 10:34:54 AM

Do you have a config with boost in PSI instead of Kpa?  I'll take it too if so.  I stopped trying after the one i manipulated wouldn't log because i got it from a diff config.
I just downloaded Forscan onto my LG Tablet I use.

AJP turbo

Quote from: JDW1 on May 26, 2016, 10:34:54 AM

I never tried to log in psi for boost.....I've gotten used to KPA and since the ECU targets desired TIP in KPA it's easier for me to make comparisons....Desired TIP will always be in KPA so I just like to see boost that way also. And you don't have to convert from atmosphere or relative....I think 0 KPA is absolute vacuum and 102 KPA is atmosphere so anything over 102 is boost
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress