• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning and some Boost questions

Started by FracaSHO, May 08, 2016, 11:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

How much boost are the F-150's pulling?  They have the 3bar MAP factory installed correct?  How much boost is everyone seeing with a tune?  How much power with a tune? And finally, what are the F-150 boost gauge (or any other gauge) options? 

TIA!

Brad
Former SHO Owner
Ecobooster 4 Life
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

ZSHO

The TIP is a 3-bar map same as the SHO but the Manifold is a 3.5 Bar map i believe,the 15 is somewhat different.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

I think the stock boost levels should be 14-15 and depending on the octane w/ a tune it could push that up to 20.  You'll see HP gains easily but the 150 will show massive gains in TQ.  Because I have the max tow package with 3.73's my truck isn't as "racey" as one with the 3.31's.  I don't think I've had the SCT hooked up to look at boost levels but when the woman returns home from work I'll go for a spin and see.  I need to do some data logging on both cars and get that data to Torrie to refine things anyway.  My buddy has an A piller pod with a boost gauge...I think Aeroforce.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

DSMtuned

I know this is an old thread, but for others...

Attached is a dyno of my truck when it was stock vs stock with a 5 Star 91 Tow/Performance tune.  Same day.  Keep in mind this is uncorrected for altitude, which is 6000'. 

I see about 16psi with this tune.
2012 F-150 Ecoboost.  SCT Livewire TS+, 5 Star Tunes, Full Race catted downpipe, UPR catch can, Wagner Intercooler.  Uncorrected 6000' above sea level 294 WHP & 449WTQ, before the downpipe and the intercooler.