• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Interest in group buy on a new cold air intake

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 02:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

ANY updates on this or do i need to buy the one from hennessy :)

just kidding

or should i buy this??? http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/ecoboostcoldairpipelinesystem.aspx
2013 SHO

BBOX

Quote from: panther427 on April 01, 2014, 04:33:07 PM

just kidding

or should i buy this??? http://www.fastlaneturbo.com/ecoboostcoldairpipelinesystem.aspx

Totally forgot about this one, good call!

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on April 01, 2014, 04:33:07 PM
just kidding

No updates... sidetracked by recent events... The link is interesting!... Mostly for the extra CF up front!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

panther427

You could make a plexiglass lid and wather stripping. It looks like it uses the factory cold air intake spot with the way the shield is
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: SoCalSHO on April 01, 2014, 05:11:41 PM
While the piping looks good, there is no COLD AIR.

I'd do it black ceramic personally.... but AMEN for SoCalSHO's words!.... in Phoenix in the summer there's definitely no cold air!  LOL  :beer2:

I will be tuning within the week... You've all seen my post about no difference (±3 HP stock tune) on the dyno between the factory intake/box/filter vs no box or filter (taken completely off).... 
IF the dyno shows a performance difference worth having I'll be more interested in pursuing more quickly.  Granted the saxophone is a problem potentially, but I also have alternate plans for the stock air box and reasons for wanting to work with it a bit.... as pointed out.... there is no cold air... certainly not under hood of a SHO in a Phoenix summer.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SwampRat

Interesting find on FastLaneTurbo...

Who is this guy with this MKT .... knot2bfound ?
Three other reviews of purchase  by ecoboost owners and we dont know who they are , they SHOULD be on this site  ! !

I like the LOOK of the Kit  but the welds look a little shoddy ..

Evidently there is  market with buyers .......
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 01, 2014, 08:35:03 PM
Pic is the one on the site
I realize that ... the question and thoughts in prior post remain .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

CroR1

anything come of this intake in progress? does anyone make one where it scoops the air from underneath the car, and brings it to say a stock box/location? or will I have to make this work in progress next spring. This way as the car is moving colder air is scooped and channeled into the oem box?

shoryde

Quote from: cror1 on October 30, 2014, 11:33:36 AM
anything come of this intake in progress? does anyone make one where it scoops the air from underneath the car, and brings it to say a stock box/location? or will I have to make this work in progress next spring. This way as the car is moving colder air is scooped and channeled into the oem box?

I like your thinking, I am a new 2011 SHO owner and am considering this route with stock box mods.

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap