• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New 2016 pp

Started by Gjkrisa, May 07, 2016, 11:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Info about our fuel system attached.

I would highly suggest moving slowly in your nitrous endeavor, 6 ports of nitrous may result in a very angry wife.

Gjkrisa

Y from the fuel line or install new line from the tank since a small hidaway tank may not be enough although if one gallon works well for meth injection may work for my set up.?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

There's a guy who ran 80 shot wet from throttle body but if the SCT can not put in the right stuff for the stock ECU then a micro squirt set for piggy back should work.

Gjkrisa

Curious how the speedometer works if I wanted to go full megasquirt.

AJP turbo

Whoa lots going on here....I'm guessing you aren't even aware of what direct injection is since you are suggesting adding another in tank pump to remedy the fuel short comings.

Don't think you will have any luck with a megasquirt standalone ECU as there is no such beast for this motor

A basic nitrous controller would do the trick for you but if you tuned the car properly then it would be less than ideal when not running nitrous.....Nitrous is really a bad unnecessary idea.

Get a good tune with 15 psi at below 2500 RPM and see how you like the car....Should have over 400 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels at 2500 rpm
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

EcoPowerParts

Welcome, thanks for joining!
Start reading up on the fuel system on this car, you can't do "normal" things on the ecoboost and the only stand alone I know that would work is the Motek for $10K and that would cause a TON of headaches.
I sell an aux fuel system that is a piggyback with stock fuel system, you could use the micro/megasquirt setup to control that but only the 6 aux injectors.
Nitrous works awesome on the motor in my experience but make sure not to engage too low of an RPM with anything over a 50 shot as you'll spool up the turbos and cause fueling issues with the stock setup.
Make sure you do lots of testing/tuning on the dyno first!
Have fun!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Blackhawk

Where are the people running extra injectors in their intake manifold pulling fuel from?  Separate fuel cell and pump?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Blackhawk on May 09, 2016, 10:42:57 AM
Where are the people running extra injectors in their intake manifold pulling fuel from?  Separate fuel cell and pump?
As part of the fuel system I sell an upgraded in tank fuel pump and lines along with a fuel pressure regulator. You switch the car to a return fuel system that dead heads into the DI pump and the aux injector loop.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Gjkrisa

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on May 09, 2016, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Blackhawk on May 09, 2016, 10:42:57 AM
As part of the fuel system I sell an upgraded in tank fuel pump and lines along with a fuel pressure regulator. You switch the car to a return fuel system that dead heads into the DI pump and the aux injector loop.
Thanks man going to check it out!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on May 09, 2016, 09:23:00 AM
Welcome, thanks for joining!
Start reading up on the fuel system on this car, you can't do "normal" things on the ecoboost and the only stand alone I know that would work is the Motek for $10K and that would cause a TON of headaches.
I sell an aux fuel system that is a piggyback with stock fuel system, you could use the micro/megasquirt setup to control that but only the 6 aux injectors.
Nitrous works awesome on the motor in my experience but make sure not to engage too low of an RPM with anything over a 50 shot as you'll spool up the turbos and cause fueling issues with the stock setup.
Make sure you do lots of testing/tuning on the dyno first!
Have fun!
Running the 6 injectors is all ID want to do anyways and to fool the stock ECU if seeing extra gas and air was freaking it out

AJP turbo

Fooling the ECU is a very bad idea
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Gjkrisa

0-140 video in the folder :)

FoMoCoSHO

I don't see a folder?

Gjkrisa

The Google album first link also new video on YouTube

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!