• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Interest in group buy on hot pipes

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 14, 2013, 01:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Better ramp up production real quick, Mike ;)  Any idea re:  shipping?  For our Canadian brethren, stated above that customs/CB frees headache other than with USPS ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

No estimates on anything, I need to gauge interest to verify me spending $$$ getting some prototypes made would be worth it.
Next step will be a deposit from those who are interested to help fund the initial work.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

shomeda$

Bro, I was with you on the DP's, I am with you on the Hot Pipes and the CAI!!!! Let me know what you need!!!

EcoPowerParts

I stopped by the shop today, I'll be dropping my car off next week to start the prototype work for the hot pipes and intake. I'm going to get my new fuel pumps installed first so we can remove the fuel cell, fuel pump and fuel lines from the front right of my car.
Should be pretty sweet setup.
I'm looking at offering the following setups for the hot pipes.
1. New hot pipes with no provisions for stock BoV, aftermarket vacuum operated BoV near the throttle body.
2. Same as #1 but with provisions for stock BoVs

For the intake I'm looking at two options:
1. Dual feed intake "box" like stock with an air filter inside - two options here, aluminum ceramic coated lid OR plexiglass lid for those who want to see their filter. I believe the "box" (think stock intake box) should be closed so no hot air can come in. We've seen aftermarket intakes actually lose ET due to the intake filter getting hot air from the engine.
2. Dual feed intake that has a cold air tube that goes into the drivers fender (like my current intake to the stock tubing).

Neither intake will have provisions for the BoV recirc tubes, as an option I can source some factory BoV filters for you to install instead. You want to run EPP Intake system, you gotta hear the psshhhhh! :P

I'm looking forward to getting these products off the ground.
The great thing about getting the new cold air intake is it will have silicone pipes so you can boost leak test the entire intake to manifold without having to do massive amounts of work. I'll provide a boost leak testing kit as an option with appropriate blockoffs.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Development ongoing, should be done next week, this is the set that won't have stock BoV but will have an aftermarket one on the intercooler to throttle body pipe

These will be available coated or uncoated your choice. The first sets available will be without provisions for the factory blow off valves and you'll have a provision for an aftermarket one.
We're going to have to machine a provision for the factory BoV to make the factory ones work, that will take a bit longer.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

Nice!

Will these fit my 2015 Flex??   LOL
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Boggus

Awesome, only hope I can afford them!!!
2013 unleashed SHO PP

bpd1151

4DR...... when you mention "coated" or "uncoated".....

What are you referring to in regards to that coating? What kind? Simple powder coating, or is it a heat resistant type of coating etc?

For the dummies like me, can you take a moment to explain any perceived benefits from rolling with just one, after market BOV, versus retaining the stock BOV's please?

Even more so, presuming an after market BOV is a preferred route, Why ramp it down to just a single BOV, versus say.....

Installing 2 aftermarket BOV's albeit in the same locations as the OEM one's are currently positioned at/within the overall pipeline?

Thank you sir.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

QwikSHO

Could we just buy the upper to ixnay both the stock BOVs?

And what material/thickness and diameter are these pipes made of?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on August 27, 2013, 10:34:49 PM
4DR...... when you mention "coated" or "uncoated".....

What are you referring to in regards to that coating? What kind? Simple powder coating, or is it a heat resistant type of coating etc?

For the dummies like me, can you take a moment to explain any perceived benefits from rolling with just one, after market BOV, versus retaining the stock BOV's please?

Even more so, presuming an after market BOV is a preferred route, Why ramp it down to just a single BOV, versus say.....

Installing 2 aftermarket BOV's albeit in the same locations as the OEM one's are currently positioned at/within the overall pipeline?

Thank you sir.

I'll be able to offer powder coating (mine will be done with that) or ceramic coating but ceramic coating is very expensive and will increase the cost quite a bit.

As far as BoV there's no reason to put 2 like the factory, one near the throttle body is fine in my and many other's opinions. You'll have a divided camp between pre throttle body or pre intercooler and in this design the pre-throttle body is the better location. The benefit is saved costs and engineering and no difference in performance. Many BIG HP setups out there with a single BoV. I'll be trying mine out over the next week or so and if there's any issues I'll review my stance but for now that's the path I'm going with on design.
Eventually we'll have a stock BoV replication, one will probably be on the pipe in the back and the other on the pipe after the joint.

Quote from: QwikSHO on August 27, 2013, 11:09:00 PM
Could we just buy the upper to ixnay both the stock BOVs?

And what material/thickness and diameter are these pipes made of?
I don't know if the upper to intercooler piping joint will be in the same location for that to work.
These are 2" aluminum pipes, I'm not sure on the wall thickness
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

Thanks Mike for the explanation.

Much appreciated.

mjhpadi

Sorry, somehow missed this earlier, but I too, am interested.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

OK guys, I should have ordering and pricing info next week!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

QwikSHO

TuxedoSHO

2010 Taurus SHO, Rapid Spec 402A, Non-PP
K&N CAI, Livernois Catted Downpipes, Corsa Catback, Livernois Stage 4+ X Tune, EBC Slotted Rotors, EBC Red Stuff Pads, LMS 160* Thermostat, 3 Bar Map Sensor, Colder NGK  Iridium Plugs, BOV VTA,
20" TSW Nurburgrings Wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 15% 3M Tints All Around, Tinted Tail Lights, Dipped Tail Light Chrome, Grille & Fogs
Best Time Yet: 12.76 @ 107MPH