• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Is there a how-to write-up for changing out the t-stat?

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, February 09, 2014, 07:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

I searched and could not find a how-to write-up for changing out the t-stat. I know the basics of what I have to do, but would just like to reaffirm a couple facts. Thanks in advance for the help.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

bpd1151

Others have asked about a "How-To" for changing out the T-Stat, but the general consensus was that it was/is such an easy swap, that one wasn't really necessary.

What facts are you trying to reaffirm?

I'm sure either I, or others who have performed it, can answer them for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

PM me... then you can take pics and put up the How to.... 2 bolts out, remove t-stat, 2 bolts back...
Pm for mo0re help

As Mike said it's SOOOooo easy...

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

yowen

Yes there is:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2280.0.html

I do see this is quite an old thread though, but just in case anyone comes looking.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

SwampRat

Quote from: yowen on May 16, 2014, 09:48:11 AM
Yes there is:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2280.0.html

I do see this is quite an old thread though, but just in case anyone comes looking.

Unfortunately this "how to" is worthless since the pics are gone .... I guess when  DJ  left he decided to not do it in a graceful manner .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

yowen

Lol, I guess I should've bothered to actually open the thread.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

crash712us

I thought there was several how to on this subject, either here or else where. Either way changing is no different then any other vehicle I have ever done.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

JMR76

I've done it 5 times!  I give up on trying to catch the fluid.  I just try to soak and clean it up after. 

Unsecured air box and do what BiGmaC said.

2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

ZSHO

Just a little small advice,just have the proper o ring ready with the stat and make sure the car is cold,let the car sit overnight,so when you remove those 2 8mm bolts you will have the least amount of fluid coming out,and also remove the reservoir cap,release any pressure build up,i lost about 6 ounces,

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock